Thursday, May 27, 2010

American Idol 9: Final Thoughts and Prediction

So, will the Kristy Lee Cook prophecy come true?  Haha. Fine, I'm being foolish but what a coincidence. Right? Haha.

It's MOMENTUM versus CONSISTENCY!

Ok. The final episode of season 9 of American Idol is upon us, finally. It seemed like FOREVER. And while this season may not have made for the most exciting television, I'm content with the two contestants left standing. To me, they've both earned their spots in the Finale.

Now, as for my prediction for tonight's Finale episode, I'll just go straight with it and say that Crystal Bowersox SHOULD win but Lee Dewyze, I think, WILL win.

Sure, Crystal completely crushed Lee last night but Idol has really been about the more popular choice, and Lee has what it takes to be one. He's very marketable, he's very relatable, and, yes, he's even quite a looker.

Also, his underwhelming performances last night backed with the judges' lukewarm comments will only help him win. Fans, I think, will vote in droves because of this. Besides, Lee Dewyze is a White Guy With Guitar. The current Idol demo - mostly cougars and tweens - loves them. See: David Cook and Kris Allen.

That being ALL said, I'm still hoping for Bowersox to win it all. She deserves it. Crystal is a better performer and has had, overall, a better season and a better Finale performances. Heck, what she did last night was the textbook definition of an ass-kicking. A head-to-head comparison of performances from the prior 13 weeks of competition will make her the obvious winner.

Unfortunately, I don’t think she’s done enough to overcome Lee’s tremendous momentum. So, there's that. I hope I'm wrong though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...