Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Glee Season 1: Theatricality Episode Review

Theatricality
Season 1, Episode 20

Ok. This episode was good although I somehow felt that the whole thing was a bit rushed.

Well, I just learned that next week's episode, Funk, was supposed to be aired this week instead of this one, Theatricality. Hm. Personally, they never should have switched these episodes because some of it looked stupid. Sure, I get why they did it, but I think that was a bad decision. I mean, I felt totally confused as to why Jesse St. James was all of a sudden not there, and no one has even mentioned it. Gah.

That being said, a couple of scenes this week were absolutely EPIC. The Finn-Burt-Kurt scene was intense and probably the BEST scene in the history of Glee. Seriously. Everything was just perfect - well acted and well written.

I agreed with Burt completely, and Finn deserved a punch for using the f-word towards Kurt, but short of that one thing, Kurt needed to hear Finn say the rest of that. Really. Kurt's manipulations and creepiness about Finn surpassed acceptable behavior for a crush a long time ago, and I don't blame Finn for being angry. The way they made Kurt out to be a complete victim in the end bothered me because his behavior was wrong too. That said, there is never any excuse to use such a charged and hate-filled word. It was indeed an incredible and powerful scene. Oh, and could someone please give Mike O'Malley an Emmy. Haha.

As for Rachel-Shelby storyline, it was somehow a mixed bag for me. I mean, if they had told the story right, it had the potential to be pretty powerful. Sadly, they rushed the whole thing from beginning to end and it just ended up a mess. I tried to keep an open mind about it, and even enjoyed aspects of it, but my final impression was that they should have waited for the next season and give the whole storyline some background, some room to breath, and a couple of her gay dads. Haha.

Now, the music this week was also really good this week. Lea and Idina's duet on Poker Face gave me goosebumps. It was exceptional and possibly my favorite musical performance this week. Bad Romance was almost epic, but I'm not really sure about the way they shot it. The lighting effects and slow-mo stuff were a bit distracting. I loved the big KISS number of the guys, but I'm still not crazy about Funny Girl. Beth was beautiful but I, personally, didn't get how theatricality suddenly gave Puck this big change of perspective.

And as for my favorite character Brittany? She had a couple of funny moments but I think I have to jump ship JUST this week though with Brad - the piano guy! Haha. I love that he is always around. Oh, the things he's probably witnessed. Too funny. Haha.

Oh, and I laughed at the way the made fun of Twilight at the beginning, especially when Tina said "I can't even watch twilight because my mom thinks Kristen Stewart is a bitch". Haha. Ridiculous.

Download the songs HERE.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the way Quinn Fabray is modeling the dress. She looks hot and even better than Gaga overall in terms of this version. These costumes look much upgraded here anyway!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...