Monday, May 10, 2010

Music: Annabelle - Lee Dewyze

It's interesting that Lee Dewyze is perpetually introduced as the paint salesman on Idol, but really, he is no amateur to the music business. I mean, he has two indie albums under his belt - So I'm Told and Slumberland.

Now, here is the song, Annabelle, which he recorded for his 2009 album Slumberland. I must say, you could have knocked me over with a feather after listening to this. Really. I actually liked it and do find something “interesting” in his voice that I don’t hear in some of our established Idols. The instrumentation is so cool and the vocals is impressively haunting.

Oh, and it is hard to believe that he is the same singer who sounds so pitchy and inconsistent on Idol - says a lot about how important it is for a singer to connect to his material. Sadly, if we're suppose to be judging live singing and not his pre-recorded music or how he sounds on a record, then Lee does not cut it.

LISTEN:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...