Saturday, June 12, 2010

G-List: 10 Songs I Want Glee To Sing

A friend, Chuck, actually suggested this kind of g-list. To be honest, I haven't really thought about it - it's hard, believe me - but then again, it's pretty fun to think of songs I want Glee to cover. So, what are some songs I would like to hear the Glee kids sing? Well, it's pretty random. So, whatever.

Feel free to suggest as well. Haha.

Here are the 10 Song Suggestions for Glee:

10. The Scientist - Coldplay
In fact, anything Coldplay will work for me just because I love them. Haha.

09. All Star - Smash Mouth
I have a feeling this would be kind of like Loser in that it wouldn't be a full song, and that it would be done out of sheer randomness.

08. A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
This would probably be a song for either Shelby or Rachel. I think this is just another song that I happen to really like. It does have good vocals and is absolutely catchy.

07. Stacy’s Mom - Fountains of Wayne
No particular reason behind this. I mean, if they can pull of Jessie’s Girl, they can do Stacy’s Mom as well. Puck can sing this. Haha.

06. Complicated - Avril Lavigne
For some odd reason, I can hear Tina singing this. It has a pop-rock flair with an acoustic backing that makes it catchy, yet subtly edgy. Ok, maybe I just really want to hear a Glee version of this song. Haha.

05. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
If Vocal Adrenaline continues to be the rival Glee Club, then I assume that this would be a better song for them. It’s just a fun, power driven dance song, but I feel like it would have more to do with the choreography than the actually singing, which is why I think Vocal Adrenaline would be more suited for it.

04. 21 Guns - Green Day (ft. American Idiot)
After hearing the American Idiot version of this song, I noticed the full potential of the song. The cast recording of it is beautiful, and it utilizes both male and female voices, stringed instruments - violin and cello - and has enough power behind it to make it a Glee staple. Or better yet, another Green Day song. Maybe Boulevard of Broken Dreams?

03. Seasons of Love - Rent
How would this not be appropriate? It’s a beautifully written contemporary pseudo-ballad with what I think is like 8 different solos. It could be next season’s Don’t Stop Believing. It has 'hit' written all over it.

02. Mmmbop - Hanson
And no, I'm not kidding. Haha. Ok, give me a break here! We had an entire episode dedicated to bad songs, and not that I'm saying that we need another episode like that, but Mmmbop is a 90's pop gem with a catchy hook and easy listening. I wouldn’t mind seeing Kurt or one of the girls demonstrating their ability to this song, and I would even be ok with some of the more masculine guy voices joining in. Haha.

01. Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
One, it's Janet. Two, it's Rhythm Nation. Epic! Enough said.

8 comments:

Chuck Smith said...

Wow! This is an amazing list. You're right, Seasons of Love can be their next Don't Stop Believin! And Footloose sounds like a great song for Vocal Adrenaline (would have been fun if Jonathan Groff did Footloose, but oh well). And Coldplay! And Mmmbop!

As for my song wish list, I just want them to do more show tunes. Their rendition of Broadway songs--Defying Gravity, Rose's Turn, Don't Rain on My Parade, Funny Girl, Maybe This Time, and even Don't Stop Believin--has been amazing. It want another song in the vein of Rose' Turn and Don't Rain on My Parade.

Again, solid list! You should do more!

Alain Joel said...

hey, we sang seasons of love for our office glee-off, haha!

DAM THE NATION said...

Show tunes. Yeah. I like more of that as well. I'm familiar with most of them though that's why I was unable to 'suggests' any, but I like the idea. Besides, I liked Rose's Turn and Defying Gravity, Don't Rain On My Parade and Maybe This Time.

I also like to hear maybe, You Can't Stop The Beat, Music Of The Night, Think Of Me and Tonight (West Side Story)

DAM THE NATION said...

Aj, really? Haha. What are the chances? :)

Robbie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Robbie said...

Aaargh! I want them to do a Rent song soooo bad!!! Seasons of Love is perfect. I think there's a pretty good chance that they'd cover it and do a pretty dang good job.

And I also agree with the rest of your choices. Gaaaah I wish Season 2 would come sooner. :(

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie, Rent songs is a MUST for Glee. Haha. And yeah, September is way too long to wait. Sigh.

DAM THE NATION said...

Someone emailed me a leaked song list for the first episode of Season 2. I'm not sure the legitimacy of it but the song choices are pretty interesting.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...