Thursday, June 24, 2010

Idol 100

It's been a decade of Idol, and as a crazy obsessive fan, I thought it was time to look back at the show that became an institution - for better or worse - by counting down my Top 100 'Idol' contestants of all time. Ha! Yes, I'm taking things a step further with this countdown!

Well, let's see how long it takes for me to abandon this one! Haha.

Ok, So here are some general notes before I begin the countdown starting Monday next week:

- All contestants that made the semifinals from all nine (9) seasons are eligible for this countdown.

- Like many other lists or countdowns, this one is extremely biased. It is judged on how I personally like the finalists - not technical singing or personality or all that jazz. There will probably be some people who'd rank like 70 on your list that may be as high as 20 or something on here, actually I guarantee it. But please respond maturely, flames don't make me particularly happy.

- I will be posting one 'Idol' a day. Hopefully, this won't lead to me getting lazy and not post the final contestants in months time. Haha. Oh, and I will also try my hardest to go more in-depth on my comments. Hopefully.

- Please give feedback! If you read this, I would be overjoyed to read your comments.

- Enjoy the countdown!
            Here is the contestant breakdown by Season: 

            Season 1
            3 contestants (3 finalists, semifinalists)
            Season 2
            5 contestants (5 finalists, 0 semifinalist)
            Season 3
            10 contestants (10 finalists, 0 semifinalists)
            Season 4 
            13 contestants (11 finalists, 2 semifinalists)
            Season 5
            11 contestants (10 finalists, 1 semifinalists)
            Season 6
            11 contestants (9 finalists, 2 semifinalists)
            Season 7
            14 contestants (12 finalists, 2 semifinalists)
            Season 8
            18 contestants (10 finalists, 8 semifinalists)
            Season 9
            15 contestants (11 finalists, 4 semifinalists)

            Clue: #100 - Red Head

            20 comments:

            Robbie said...

            Ay. Adik lang talaga. Hahaha. Pero enjoy to, makiki-adik din ako. Hahaha.

            For the top 100... ang naiisip ko lang na natural red head is Jon Stevens. The rest are all dyed na i think... Allison Iraheta, Amy Adams, Lacey Brown... alam ko meron pa e.

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Robbie, didn't you get the note? I'm a crazy obsessive fan. LOL. I can't help it. 100 days of Idol is pure fun, at least to me. Hahaha.

            I think Vanessa Olivarez (Season 2) is the other red haired contestant. :D

            gerard said...

            jon stevens? vanessa olivarez?

            WTF! I so miss Idol!

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Gerard, welcome back! Haha. You've been quiet the whole season 9. Haha. I was unable to know your bets tuloy. :)

            Yes, I miss Idol too. That's why I'm sort of doing this crazy countdown. :P

            Gerard said...

            I've been reading your blog throughout the season pero medyo busy sa acads kaya di na ko nag comment masyado. Haha! Tsaka relatively boring yung season 9.

            Idol fans will always be idol fans. no matter how crappy Idol gets.

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Haha. Busy man eh? Yeah, Idol fans will always be Idol fans! :D

            Paolo said...

            Gosh, this is a whole lot of work but at the same time it's thrilling. I don't know who's the red head on the 100th spot but I'm looking forward for number 1. Haha.

            Anyway, I hope this countdown will turn out really fine. I think I have some thoughts of who's gonna be on the top of your list.

            gddepadua said...

            Naku. david cook would be his number 1. for sure. haha.

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Pao, yes, a lot of work but it's something I enjoy doing so it'll be a blast as well. :)

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Hoy Gerard! Don't preempt my countdown. Haha.

            Joyceee said...

            david cook nga! hahaha

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Joyce, maybe or maybe not. Haha

            gddepadua said...

            Haha! Asa. David Cook na yan! Haha! Kunwari di namin alam.

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Haha. Well, let's see after a month. :)

            Anonymous said...

            You have pretty good taste I would say. A couple of turkeys on there, but your #1 makes it all OK.

            moonlightwish said...

            Hahaha very nice. I would say we almost have the same list except that I would probably put Danny Gokey on higher rank. Nevertheless, Congrats Dam! this one is awesome! You really are a Idol fan! :)

            I miss Idol! I wonder what will be the response on the inclusion of J.Lo and Steve Tyler as the newest judges.

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Anonymous: Thanks!

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Moonlightwish: Thanks! I appreciate your comment. :)

            Anonymous said...

            HI Yall, I'm a great close friend of our one & only Funky White Boy Elliott Yamin! Elliott has the most INCREDIBLE voice in the whole world! He's also the greatest guy in the world! He's very giving! He's very down to earth & very funny too! The greatest guy you'll ever meet! He always owns the stage & makes MAGIC too! There will never ever be another Elliott Yamin because hes PRICELESS & thats why he should of won American Idol on season 5 back in 2006! He sings 110% better then the winner Taylor Hicks!On the Idol 100 Elliott Yamin should of been #1 not David Cook! Elliott was, is & always will be a class act & he will always be an American Idol to me for life Like YAMIN It!!!! As Simon Cowell said Elliott you are a VOCAL MASTERCLASS & Paul Abdul said Elliott you are a Fuinky White Boy! This is what this compitition is all about you are an American Idol!!!!

            DAM THE NATION said...

            Anonymous: I admire your passion. Thanks for visiting. :)

            Post a Comment

            Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...