Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Idol 92 - Kady Malloy

92. Kady Malloy
Season 7, Top 16 Finalist

So much potential. So. Much. Dang. Potential!

Everyone knows that the worst idea ever on this show was the season 7 themed semifinals, and it definitely killed Kady. If only it had been open just like every other season - then we could've heard Kady sing something like My Immortal or What Hurts the Most. If you've never heard her sing those songs, YouTube them now! They're great. Haha.

That being said, I still think Kady could've made some smarter song choices on the show. Her audition was amazing but she just faltered after that. A Groovy Kind Of Love was good. Sure, it wasn't pefect, but I thought it was one of the better performances that night. I actually didn't agree with the judges on that one.

Then Magic Man happened and everyone started hating Kady. Yes, it was a trainwreck but the hate during that time towards her, especially after Alaina Whitaker got eliminated instead of her, was ridiculous.

After that, she somehow redeemed herself with a decent take on Queen's Who Wants To Live Forever. It was almost as good as Katharine McPhee's version. However, I still wanted to punch her in the face for picking that song. I mean, why didn't she pick Time After Time or Open Arms? Again, YouTube it. Haha. Those would've been great choices. Predictably, she was sent packing the next night.

Such a shame. I really wanted her to do good. Seriously, I would have preferred her over Kristy Lee Cook.

Favorite Performance(s):
Obviously, I fell in love with her during the auditions. Her 'Britney Spears' impersonation was so spot on, I didn't believe it at first. Haha. A Groovy Kind of Love was probably her best performance on the Idol stage though.

Audition


A Groovy Kind of Love


#91 - "Rocker" Chick

8 comments:

Robbie said...

I agree with Kady. Sayang talaga. And you know what? Just goes to show what I hate about this show is that soooo many great and talented singers get cut right before the Top 12. It's very frustrating. :(

There's a lot of Rocker chicks kaya. But since there are "quotation marks". I'mma go and guess Gina Glocksen. Hehehe.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Indeed. So many wasted talent especially Season 8 where they have 36 semifinalists and only got 12 with a few mediocre people. Ugh. I guess, that's how reality shows work.

As for the rocker chicks, yes, there were few but a "rocker" chick, I think that narrows it down. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Kady! I like her

DAM said...

Anonymous: I like her too. :D

Paolo said...

Haha, Kady, Kady, Kady. Sayang talaga. As you said, there's so much potential. I love how she mimics other artist. Her Britney sounded cool but her real style is amazing. Sayang talaga!

DAM THE NATION said...

I know. She's one of those wasted talents. Such a shame.

Gerard said...

i love kady. sayang! galing pa nyang mag impersonate kay britney!

si amanda overmyer ba yung next?

DAM THE NATION said...

I'm surprised that many people actually liked Kady. That's nice. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...