Sunday, July 4, 2010

Idol 94 - Mikalah Gordon

94. Mikalah Gordon
Season 4, 11th Place

No, it's not Brooke White. Mikalah, to me, looks and acts so much like Fran Drescher, the lead actress of The Nanny. Haha. That's it!

Simon said it best - half of the audience at home would love her, and the other half would hate her. I actually flip-flopped between that. Haha.

Mikalah was quite a confident performer, and her voice was anything but forgettable - one can look at it on both ways. Haha. Well, pesonally, I found her voice too accentuated, and it bordered on grating in a lot of her performances.

Young Hearts Run Free I thought Mikalah was trying too hard to put on a show when she sang that, so she sounded over-the-top and not very good. The same holds true for Son of a Preacher Man. God Bless The Child, on the other hand, was definitely her best, and while I didn't think it was as captivating as everyone else, at least she toned down her antics. Unfortunately, she was never able to repeat that.

I guess she was one of those personality over talent kind of contestant. To be honest, I would've had Aloha Mischeaux on the Top 12 over her in terms of singing but Mikalah's personality was just too 'fabulous' to be ignored, and that' pretty evident when you look at what she's doing nowadays.

Favorite Performance(s): God Bless The Child, obviously. I also didn't think her finals performances were as bad as everyone seems to think they were.

God Bless The Child


Son Of A Preacher Man


#93 - Roughneck

12 comments:

Robbie said...

Booooooooo!!!! That was a trick clue!!!! Aaaargh!! Wahahaha.

Ako din I liked Aloha. I love her name and the way she sang. I thought Mikalah has a cute personality. A little annoying at times, but she makes up for the boring personalities of everyone in her season.

Peejay said...

At least its good to know its not brooke white. :p i didn't like mikalah.. i found her too arrogant and overconfident. haha. no idea who the roughneck is :P

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie, of course, I need to give 'tricky' clues every now and then. Hehe.

Yes, Aloha was really good and Mikalah was hilarious. :)

No guess for #93?

Gerard said...

Roughneck? it's Michael Sarver.

Mikalah? saw her on Tyra once. I dont like her.

Robbie said...

My guesses for Roughneck would be Michael Sarver... or Bucky? Wahaha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Peejay, I agree that Mikalah was overconfident but she was also funny. That's just me though. Haha.

Anonymous said...

really love her version of God Bless the Child!!! but i also love Lakisha's version.

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard, I saw her sa Tyra also and I like her. Very bubbly.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie, why Bucky? Haha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous, I actually prefer Katharine McPhee's God Bless the Child. :)

Gerard said...

McPhee's God bless the child is better than Lakisha's. No offense but Lakisha's trying too hard.

I wonder whether Bucky is a roughneck? All i know is that bucky has a twin brother.

DAM THE NATION said...

I agree, McPhee's so much better. Haha.

As for Bucky, is he a roughneck? Not sure about that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...