Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Music Video: I Didn't Know - Alex Lambert


I fell in love with Alex Lambert’s voice after he sang Everybody Knows and knew that he’d make something of himself after he undeservedly got voted off so early on American Idol.

Now, I love the song when I first heard the demo, and this is even better! Alex definitely has a nice sound. Clever concept on the video and it's beautifully shot. The song itself seems like a reject from Michael Johns’ or Brooke White’s debut album, which is not particularly a bad thing except these two are 31 and 26 years old respectively and adult contemporary artists. Alex Lambert, on the other hand, is just 19. Interesting choice for a first single. I wonder what their strategy is?

Anyway, Alex Lambert is, arguably, the true success story of Season 9.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Wohoooooooo Alex Lambert!!!!!!!!! Very interesting choice of song for the first single. I'm not sure it would fly but I love it nonetheless. :D

The first part were kinda off. Yung mga I heart blah blah blah. Hahaha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Yes. I love it even though the material is not that amazing. It's good nonetheless.

As for the I heart part, it was not really part of the music video or the song. It's more of a promotional thing for I HEART RADIO - the site where this first music video debuted.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...