Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Idol 45 - Felicia Barton

45. Felicia Barton
Season 8, Top 36 Finalist

I think American Idol screwed over Felicia BIGTIME - and not just once but twice! Let's backtrack, shall we?

Felicia was actually eliminated after the last cut and the Top 36 was actually complete. Then, something happened with the obvious plant, Joanna Pacitti, as she was disqualified due to some conflict of interest with the show. So, that's when Felicia Barton entered the picture - she replaced Pacitti.

Now, this one is debatable. I mean, I was a fan of Felicia and got really excited when she was chosen to replace Joanna. But I honestly think that if it was a Top 24 to begin with, they wouldn't have even considered her, which, to me, would've been great because then she could've audition for Season 9 and kicked some a*s. Seriously.

Her performance during the semifinals round was really good. I mean, she commanded the Idol stage that night as if it was the Finale at the Kodak theater. To be honest, the best vocal that night was actually between Lil Rounds and her. Of the two, Lil offered the slightly stronger vocal but Felicia wasn't far behind.

With her rendition of Alicia Key's No One, she proved to have an equally muscular set of pipes and I appreciated the way she ripped into the song, even if it meant she lost control of the vocal on one or two big notes. At that time, it wouldn't surprise me if she managed to prove a point like what Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta made the week before: It only takes one big performance to erase a screen-time deficit.

Unfortunately, it didn't work in Felicia Barton's favor this time as she didn't enter the Top 13 by votes. So, I was expecting her to do good during thr Wild Card show. But alas! she wasn't even given another shot. Really. Felicia can sing circles around at least 5 of the people in the Top 13! Ugh. She got shafted period!

Favorite Performance(s): I don't have any choice, do I? Haha. Good thing, No One was really good minus a few bum notes.

No One


#44 - Started the rock thing on Idol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...