Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Idol 58 - George Huff

58. George Huff
Season 3, 5th Place

Well, I have to say that I love George when he was on the show. Everything about the guy was just great.

When he first auditioned, Randy and Simon were a bit tough on him about his imagine - about him looking and sounding too old. However, to me, I thought he had such a great texture to his voice, nice smooth control and he seemed like such a nice guy. Honestly, it was pretty crazy that Simon was so hesitant to give someone who was so clearly talented a chance to go to Hollywood. Good thing, he got that chance.

But when he didn't make it to the semifinals, I was quite bummed. That didn't last long though as Donnie Williams was disqualified and George replaced him and he did the best he could to fill that void.

I'll be honest and say that the road for George was a bit rocky on the show. He wasn't the most consistent contestant, but when he was on, he was on. That said, I think he was good quite a bit more than he was bad. Unfortunately, he started the semifinals pretty poorly, in my opinion. Good thing, he more than made up for it when he performed during the Wild Card round.

Now, by the time we got into the Top 12, I thought the first half of the Finals was full of shining moments for him. I mean, it was great to see George gain respect from the judges that had been quite critical in the past. To me, George became a bit of a dark horse. Heck, he was the last contestant of that season's Top 12 to end up in the bottom three - Top 6 week. Where in the world were his worried fans the next week? Ugh.

It was such a shame that George didn't make it a little bit further. I think he definitely deserved to make the top four instead of Jasmine Trias - and I would've preferred him to make the top three with Latoya and Fantasia. How amazing would that Top 3 have been? The facts are that when we got down to four girls, the competition became a bit more boring. Oh well.

Favorite performance(s): George had some pretty darn good performances early in the competition, but I think his greatest performance was when he performed Take Me to the Pilot. He had such a flawless melisma. Oh, and I loved all of the dipping. Haha.

Take Me To The Pilot


#58 - An Idol Winner. Go Figure!

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Natatakot ako sa kanya. Wahahaahha.

Yun na yung clue????? Idol Winner???

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Why are you scared of him? Haha. What did he do?

Anyway, yes. That's the clue. So, just at #58, who could that be? It means he's my least favorite winner. You have 9 peeps to choose from. Haha.

gddepadua said...

naalala ko kay george huff e nung na eliminate siya, baskil siya. haha. naka brown long sleeves siya nun tapos basa yung sa armpits niya. haha. weird.

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard: Haha. He's just nervous. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...