Monday, August 2, 2010

Idol 71 - Jessica Sierra

71. Jessica Sierra
Season 4, 10th Place

I'd say Jessica Sierra had had more scandals than any other Idol.. yes, including Corey Clark. Haha.

Really. She was in the news for being stalked, then she was arrested for battery and possession of cocaine, she went to rehab, she was arrested again, she was ordered to go to rehab again, and after that a sex tape was released. All of this in the three short years she's been off the show. Crazy!

But enough about that, let's talk about why Jessica sits at 71 on my countdown! I remember her At Last audition and thought that she had some powerful pipes although she seemed a bit forgettable at that moment. Then, when she sang The Boys are Back in Town during Hollywood, I was extremely underwhelmed. To me, she just didn't leave much of an impression.

Now, when we got to the semifinals, I was underwhelmed even more. I thought she had a pretty good voice but there was just nothing special to her tone. She actually sounded quite average to me. I don't know. Heck, I was even annoyed with the way she looked when she sang.

The judges, however, seemed to pimp her a bit for the first few weeks, which I never understood. She wouldn't have even made the Top 12 if I had my way because every performance she did left me pretty cold. I thought she had a pretty nice range and that's about it. Sure, she was always good but just never special for me.

That time, I thought a 10th place finish was just about right for her. I mean, she was facing Carrie Underwood for the "blonde country girl" vote and we all knew who would be the victor in that one, for better or for worse.

Favorite performance(s): I'd say Total Eclipse of the Heart was her best, but I still think it's quite overrated. She sounded good, but it still didn't show me anything unique or special. So.. that's all I have to say about that. Haha.

Total Eclipse of the Heart


#70 - Dirty Diana

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...