Friday, August 13, 2010

Idol News: Jennifer Lopez or Shania Twain as judge?

And the plot thickens..

Yesterday, news broke that Jennifer Lopez was already out as an Idol judge for Season 10, according to People Magazine. It was said that "Her demands got out of hand, and Fox had just had enough."

However, a couple of hours later, GossipCop.com, reported that Lopez is still very much in the running for Idol judge and negotiations are still going on.

Now, TMZ, People Magazine and CNN are reporting that Shania Twain is in talks to judge Idol. TMZ calls her candidacy a Plan B just in case the deal with the reported front runner, Jennifer Lopez falls through. 

Ugh! I can’t help but wonder how much of this is real and how much is manufactured just for the drama and to keep Idol buzz going. There’s not much I would put past that bunch.

But this I have to say, Shania would be a HUGE accomplishment for the Idol franchise if they were able to snag her. I mean, Shania should have been Plan A, in the first plac. She was my pick for “designated female judge” from when they announced there might be a clean sweep of the judging panel. She’s got the background in music and was constructive as a judge and mentor, encouraging but honest.

Anyway, Fox, please end the madness! Announce it already! 

2 comments:

gddepadua said...

I so want Shania in AI! Haha. She's relevant and has a great personality too. I like her!

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard: Same here. She made country music relevant, I think. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...