Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Glee Music 2: Audition

As promised, here are the iTunes version of Glee's first episode songs - Billionaire, Empire State of Mind, Listen, Telephone and What I Did For Love!! Enjoy!

Oh, and I'll try to write a short review on every song. I hope I can maintain this throughout the whole season!

 Empire State Of Mind
 It's growing on me, but it still has the same problem as the original: It's too long! The rapping is terrible, but the chorus is beautiful. I love Mercedes part and the way she and Rachel traded riffs was great. Some of the boys are better rappers than others but none of them have a career in rap. Haha. 6/10
DOWNLOAD

 Listen
EPIC. Charice completely owns Beyonce here. Oh, and her diction is a lot better in this version. That said, I heard so many renditions of this song from Charice and she could do so much better than this. Still, she really blew this out of the water. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

 Billionaire
I'm a bit on the fence with this one. Chord Overstreet (Sam) really surprised me with his voice. I didn't really know what to expect but after listening to the full version, I'm impressed. He's got a good, clear, strong voice that meshes well with the other guys. But, the rapping of the other guys - especially Artie - is still not good. I think this will be one of the songs I have trouble remembering at the end of the season. 5/10
DOWNLOAD

 Telephone
Decent version. Both Charice and Rachel were clearly auto-tuned but I just felt that it worked better for Charice's type of voice as opposed to Rachel's - her voice sounds off in it. I don't know. 6/10
DOWNLOAD

 What I Did For Love
 Easily, one of the best songs from the episode and probably Rachel's best work yet. I'm not a fan of show tunes, but she makes me like them. I love the subtley of Lea's vocals. It's very beautiful. Truth be told, Lea Michele astounds me. She is a master. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 5 tracks)

Comment if you download 

6 comments:

Denman said...

@Charice's version of Listen - I'm not a fan, but I agree with you.

DAM THE NATION said...

Den: I think she's out to prove herself to her detractors - though she doesn't need to do that. :)

Robbie said...

You know I'm really happy for this blog of yours. Before I used to go to mjsbigblog for AI and Glee news. Ngayon, I'm at home na dito. I love love love your blog! :D

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Thanks Robbie! :) I appreciate that. Hopefully, I can continue this for a long time. Haha.

Von_Draye said...

omggggg... thanks.. a bILLION!

DAM THE NATION said...

Von Draye: No problem! :) Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...