Sunday, September 26, 2010

Glee Music 2: Brittany/Britney

Here are the songs for next week's episode, Brittany/Britney. This also marks the debut of Brittany as a singer! Woot Woot!

Oh, and yes, the official single cover for Baby One More Time and I'm A Slave 4 U has not been released. I'll replace them as soon as they have it already. For the meantime, enjoy!

 Baby One More Time
Ok. I love Lea Michele but I have to admit that I did not like her version of the song. One, it's completely in the wrong key and the high notes were unnecessary - way too high for her range. This is the first time I didn't enjoy her singing. Personally, this song would have suited Quinn better. But it might work better with the visual because it does look like they are completely recreating the video just like they did with Vogue. 4/10
DOWNLOAD

I'm A Slave 4 U
 Who would've thought? Haha. Brittany's voice is perfect for Ms. Spears' song - I was sort of afraid it wouldn't be. But, really, her voice fits the song perfectly and I can now see that with her great dancing skills, this performance would be so amazing. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

Me Against The Music
Brittany and Santana rocks this song! Again, happy to hear Brittany singing here. Sure, her voice is not out-of-this-world crazy good, but she still sounds great. I love that Santana is in this track as well. I wonder if they'll kiss at the end. Ha! 8/10
DOWNLOAD

 Stronger
This was good, but nothing I was super stoked about. I'm sorry but I'm just not a fan of Artie's voice. It's just too boy band-ish for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I think Artie has a good voice, I just I feel like it gets boring to listen to after a minute or so. Same reason why I've never liked his solos before. 6/10
DOWNLOAD

 The Only Exception
I like how soft and simple Rachel's vocal is here and this is somehow a nice disconnect to such a flashy episode. However, I'm still trying to figure out why the mandatory Finn-Rachel duet couldn't have been one of Britney Spears' ballads. It's just weird that a Paramore song is in a Britney episode. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

 Toxic
AMAZING. The song is not as bad as I thought based from the preview I heard. I think it might be one of their best covers to date. Perhaps it's because they changed it up enough to make it different, but not too much that it ruins the actual melody. Now, I do have to add that Mr. Shuester's voice has NEVER done anything for me, but he somehow did it for me here. 10/10
DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 6 tracks)

Comment if you download

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these itunes rips? they sound great! Hatr HMBOMT but I loooooove the version they did for Toxic.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: I believe these are not iTunes rips because they are usually released Monday morning. But, the quality of these songs are just as good. :)

Kai said...

yey! keep them coming :) btw, i was browsing your Glee songs from season 1, i have a music of Dont Make me over & Last Christmas.. i dont know what it was for but sure sounded like the Glee casts.. ill just send in your email ok. you still access your yahoo? did you see this by the way? http://www.topblogs.com.ph/details/18665.html NICE! :p

DAM THE NATION said...

Kai: Hey, I have those but I didn't put it here because it wasn't part of the show itself. I think they just recorded that for Christmas - not sure though.

Oh, and about the topblog, yes. I saw it. I think that's primarily because of the album review of Archuleta's recent album i posted a few hours ago. Hehe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...