Thursday, September 9, 2010

Idol 39 - Aloha Mischeaux

39. Aloha Mischeaux
Season 4, Top 20 Finalist

This girl came out of absolutely nowhere on Season 4 and totally impressed me. Seriously.

To me, Aloha was different from many other heavyset black females that have been on the show. She's not your typical "big voiced diva", but she sought to be a modern RnB recording artist and that was something I haven't seen on the show that much. I totally respect that, because you have to show some relevance if you want to make it beyond American Idol.

I think it was such a shame that she only got to show two performances, because she had such a cool tone to her voice and she knew who she wanted to be artistically. I mean, if only we had seen her audition, I bet she could've done much better in the competition.

If I remember it correctly, Aloha didn't have a lot of airtime prior to the semifinals. It was unfortunate because that fact pretty much doomed her the second week of the semifinals when she was stuck in the death spot, singing a forgettable-to-decent song. It was such a shame because she proved the first week that she could go far in the competition with her rendition of Beyonce's Work It Out.

I definitely believe that Aloha left before her time. I think she should've made the Top 12 and it would've been fun to see her grow throughout the finals.

Favorite performance(s): Aloha got the pimp spot the first week of the semi's when she sang Work it Out. She showed a lot of personality on this song, and more importantly she gave a great modern vocal performance. I really enjoyed this. One of my fave performances from Season 4. Her rendition of Alicia Key's You Don't Know My Name was forgettable it was still enough to carry her the next week, which didn't happen obviously. Ugh!

Work It Out


You Don't Know My Name


#38 - Quitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...