Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Glee Music 2: Duets

Here are the songs for next week's Glee episode, Duets.

These are a pretty interesting mix of songs. I'm still unsure of what to think of it in general. Haha. Anyway, Santana and Mercedes' duet of River Deep, Mountain High is still not available. But, of course, I'll post it once it's there already. Enjoy!

ETA: iTunes versions are up!!

Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Surprisingly, I like this. I didn't think I would because I've heard this song covered many times already, but this is actually good. Finn and Rachek sound so young and in love. As for the auto-tune, not so much. Ha! 7/10

Happy Days Are Here Again / Get Happy
This mash-up is shockingly brilliant. I wasn't sure what to make up of it during the first listen but it's growing on me. Nothing can compare to the amazing sound of Rachel and Kurt together in a song. This really reminds me of Defying Gravity. Gorgeous. 8/10

Le Jazz Hot
I'm not really a fan of this genre but I'll take it for what it is. That said, Kurt's voice has grown into amazing new levels since Season 1 and this is a clear proof. Anyway, the actual performance can really make or break how much I enjoy the song in the episode. So, let's see. I didn't like Rose's Turn until the actual episode. 7/10

Lucky
Hands down my favorite song from the episode. Individually, Quinn and Sam both sound great. As a pair, they have that serious musical chemistry. It's actually kind of sickening how sweet they sound together. Haha. 9/10

Sing!
This one is cute! I think Mike Chang has potential with his voice. Sure, he'll never be brilliant but he could be good - like Brittany. Tina, on the other hand, sounds brilliant as usual. Anyway, I was told that in the actual song, Sing!, the character of Mike Chang is supposed to sing badly. So, I'm pretty sure he's butchering the notes on purpose. Hence, the lyrics. 8/10

River Deep, Mountain High
This is insane! Seriously. They can just stick these two together in any song and it will be fan-freakin-tasic! Of course, Mercedes is awesome but I'm just loving Santana even more with every song she gets. I wonder why they hide her for so long. Haha. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 6 tracks)

8 comments:

Robbie said...

Tina needs a solo.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: OMG! I just realized now na she has yet to have her solo. WTF! Haha. You're right Robbie. Campaign for it! Hehe.

Denman said...

May solo siya: Tonight (West Side Story), kaso the way the song ended was not good. Haha!

DAM THE NATION said...

That's true. Pero they didn't release that as a single. So, technically, Tina still has to record her own solo. :)

Robbie said...

Nakakainis. I downloaded all tracks one by one sabay sa pinakababa meron Download All. =))

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Actually, ang dami ng nagrereact jan. Haha. Sorry naman. :P

Anonymous said...

You say that Tina hasn't had a solo but what about 'True Colours'?? She sung all the verses with only New Directions doing backing vocals... but I do agree she does need more solos!

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: That may be true. But, I was pertaining to a legitimate solo performance without any backing vocals from anyone. Just like Quinn's This Is A Man's World or Kurt's I Want To Hold Your Hand or Finn's Jesse's Girl or Mercede's Bust Your Windows or Puck's Sweet Caroline or Brittany's I'm A Slave For You or Artie's Stronger and yes, Rachel's countless solos. You know what I mean. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...