Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Glee Music 2: Grilled Cheesus

Here are the songs for next week's Glee episode, Grilled Cheesus.

To be  honest, I keep telling myself to not get my hopes up high because I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed. But, really, if I'm getting this reaction out of context, I can tell I'm going to be an emotional wreck during the actual episode. I have this funny feeling that if everything is done well and respectfully, this next episode could be one of the best episodes to date.

ETA: These are iTunes versions already! 

Bridge Over Troubled Water
I'm not usually a fan of this bluesy, church like music style, but Mercedes is killing this version. Yes, she did a little too much for such a simple song, but I somehow didn't really care. The verses are amazing and all her riffs are sensational. 8/10

I Look To You
Just like Bridge Over Troubled Water, this one is vocally incredible - what else can you expect? Ha! The vocal liberties she did during the breakdown part of the song is beyond great. Truly beautiful pure song. Enough said. 8/10

I Want To Hold Your Hand
I'm so glad that they are using this arrangement instead of the original - too happy - version of the song. This, to me, fits Kurt's storyline perfectly. His voice emotionally breaking during the middle part of the track is the icing on top. I'm pretty positive I'll tear up in this scene come actual episode night. Ha! Oh, and Kurt in his natural tone is lovely. 9/10

Losing My Religion
Sure, Finn's voice sounds too weak for this song but I think this is an interesting take on the original. His enunciation pretty much brings a more modern and fresh vibe to it. It's actually a lovely version. That said, I still think Jessie's Girl is my favorite Finn solo. 8/10

One Of Us
FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC! I would have preferred the song if everyone had a verse just because it would have been more effective - see, To Sir With Love - but that's jut me nitpicking. I think this is a brilliant arrangement and it, seriously, is goosebump-inducing. A real, legit group number. Good job! 10/10

Only The Good Die Young
My least favorite track of the seven. I mean, this doesn't even sound like Puck. I admit, it's fun to listen to and it gives variety since most of the song have a melancholic tone to it, but this just didn't do anything for me. 4/10

Papa, Can You Hear Me
Honestly, the technique required to sing this song is quite daunting. But seriously, Rachel blew this one out of the park. Her version is just too glorious. To me, this is a clear proof that she needs to focus on Broadway songs just because those are the one where she truly shines. Right up her alley. 9/10

(all 7 tracks)

6 comments:

Robbie said...

Wohoooooo 2 solos for Mercedes!!! Although I don't really enjoy those song choices, I might change my mind once I see them in the actual show.

And YES! Kurt's solo was magnificent!
Finn's solo was okay. Pwede na. And I skipped on Puck's. Wahaha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Somehow, Puck's song is definitely something I'll skip as well. :)

Anonymous said...

are these the itunes versions?? like decent quality ones?

Pao said...

And now my love for Kurt and Rachel just elevated. One week ko 'tong papakinggan, repeating again and again. hehe

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: these are not yet iTunes versions. i think they usually release that version sometime Monday. but i must say that the quality is just as good. i'll be posting the itunes version anyway, once they are available.

DAM THE NATION said...

Pao: Yes. They did pretty well with their solo songs this week. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...