Sunday, November 7, 2010

X Factor UK 7: Top 10 Performances

.. and then there were 10. All in all, it wasn't a bad episode. I mean, some were really good and some - the usual suspects - bombed

Arguably, the best of the night were Aiden Grimshaw and Matt Cardle. I think both delivered superb vocals, especially Matt. I wonder though, why does he sing songs written by or performed by women every single week? Ha! Aiden, on the other hand, was brilliant with his rendition of Nothing Compares To U. I’ve never really understood him before, but I think he's one of the more consistent in this batch. Now, Rebecca Ferguson, I thought was a little overrated. Yes, her phrasing was lovely and it was easy listening, but I didn’t think she connected with that song at all. I’d take Adele’s version or Kris Allen’s version of this song any day.

As for the train wrecks, Wagner just makes me want to hurt myself. Seriously. He's a joke! Mary Byrne was a total failure and I think Katie Waissel just didn't do herself any favor with that performance. Just saying! 

Anyway, here's how I rate the performances, after the jump!!

*click on the image to watch the performances*

Cher Lloyd
Empire State of Mind
8/10

Mary Byrne
There You'll Be
4/10

Katie Waissel
Don't Speak
5/10

Aiden Grimshaw
Nothing Compares To U
9/10

Paije Richardson
I'm A Believer/Hey Ya
6/10

Rebecca Ferguson
Make Me Feel My Love
8/10

Wagner
Viva Las Vegas/The Wonder Of You
0/10 (this is crap!)

Matt Cardle
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
9/10

Treyc Cohen
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
7/10

One Direction
Kids In America
8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...