Monday, December 13, 2010

X Factor UK 7: Finale


Matt Cardle is The X-Factor UK 7 Winner

Yesterday was The Finals with Cher Lloyd leaving the competition. Now, it's the Finale where we'll know who gets Joe McElderry's throne for Season 7. Great!!

RECAP after the jump!!

Matt Cardle
Firework 8/10

Personally, I think Firework was a great song choice for Matt to, at the very least, give him the best shot of actually winning X Factor. I mean, it's one of the bigest hits of the moment and a lot of people like it. And of course, Matt sounded really good singing it. I'm just wondering: Are those yellow pants? Yikes!

One Direction
Torn 7/10

Cute boys, yes. Good voices, no. They should just change their name to: 5 guys singing in unison with absolutely no harmony. That being said, it was, to me, a good decision for them to do a repeat of this song. I mean, keeping things simple is good when they can't really harmonize to save their freakin' lives.

Rebecca Ferguson
Sweet Dreams 9/10

Haha. She did a dance song again!! Well, at least her voice sounded really great on it even if she was not moving. Don't you just love the juxtaposition? Ha. It’s such a disconnect to hear her sing that and then see her stand there like her feet were glued to the floor. How can she sing that song and not move.. AT ALL? But I admit, it's one of her finest vocal performances.

VOTE LINES ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED
 One Direction leaves the competition!! 
(Wow. I didn’t see that one coming. Just goes to show that screaming kids aren’t everything! Haha)

Matt Cardle
Many Of Horror

Is it just me or is this song Matt has been saddled with as his potential "winner's single" a dud? I thought that beginning was a bit iffy, but he brought it out to the end. It was actually a pretty emotional and intense performance. I like his voice and I really think he would be stunning given the right tune.

Rebecca Ferguson
Distant Dreamer

There's no doubt in my mind that Rebecca has such a beautiful tone. However, this song was just really boring. I love me some great lullaby but this was a little bit sleepy for my taste. The second verse was great though and final chorus was epic at some parts.

I wonder why the winning singles are so slow?

MATT CARDLE WON!!!

2 comments:

Will said...

WOW! I rooted for Matt since he sang that Britney Spears song. Congrats to him.

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: I rooted for him since his audition although Cher Lloyd won me over when the live show started. Hehe.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...