Saturday, March 26, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 11 Redux Theme

.. and they're still 11. Ha! Ok. So for next week's theme, it's the very specific, Elton John! I guess, Nigel Lythgoe is officially abandoning his past statement that the themes will be decade specific and not genre. You're so fickle Nigel!

Anyway, I love Elton John and I think he has an extensive catalogue, but a theme that limits the contestants to a (subset of) one artist is too rigid, I think. And too likely to favor certain contestants more than others. Poor Pia Toscano, there is not one decent uptempo Elton John song that suits her. Ugh.

That said, it's good that they're using a theme that's been used once (Season 3) so it's not as tired as Motown no? But please, I NEVER want to hear Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me again!!That is all.

Performers on results show: Will.I.Am, Jamie Foxx and Fantasia.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I will root for the person who will sing Rocketman.

For sure someone will sing DLTSGDOM.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Really? What if Lauren Alaina or Jacob Lusk did?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...