Thursday, March 24, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 11 - Who's Going Home?

Oh no! How am I supposed to predict this if everyone performed almost at the same level last night? I know. I know. There a couple of people who stood out, but no one was embarrassingly terrible that the best people actually got a substantial home run.

That said, I'm pretty sure two of the Bottom 3 will be composed of Haley Reinhart  - though she doesn't deserve it - and Thia Megia; the other one is harder to predict, but I'll get into that later. Let me focus first with the ladies. To be honest, Haley Reinhart's chances isn't looking really good right now. Personally, I think that she did enough to stay in the competition, but her performances were hardly memorable and her two consecutive trips at the Bottom 2 are good enough reasons to have her as the credible eliminated contestant this week. She seems to be falling through the cracks in most people’s support so another Bottom 3 appearance is highly probable - or even an elimination.

However, Thia Megia's tentative performances for the past couple of weeks might get her in trouble. I appreciate that she tried to mix it up this week, but performing second and having a relatively lukewarm reviews from the judges didn't do her any favors.

As for the other one, it has be between Stefano Langone or Naima Adedapo. I think Stefano Langone, at some extent, regressed last night even if his performance wasn't that bad. But, he went from having the best performance last week to the worst this week. Really. Where was my darkhorse? Haha. Naima Adedapo, on the other hand, just because her performance was polarizing and based on popularity she's clearly trailing behind the other competitors - but I doubt this.

This week's exit will be determined by the strength of each contestant’s fan base and nothing else. Unfortunately, I think it's Haley Reinhart. I mean, according to my post American Idol 10: Ranking the Top 13, she's the next one to go, but I'd rather see Thia Megia go as that would actually make a really good, diverse Top 10 line-up. Oh well.


Top 11 Performances Review, HERE.
Top 11 Studio Versions, HERE.

3 comments:

Danni said...

I love pretty much all of the contestants right now and the ones I don't so much aren't going anywhere anyway because they're just too loved by the rest of America... but if I could choose who I wanted to leave this week, it would be Naima. Okay, if I could REALLY choose I'd choose Jacob cuz idk I just don't really like 'em. But yeah, Haley or Thia both don't deserve to go. Sure Thia didn't do so good but she took the judges advice and didn't do a ballad so I hope she's alright.

DAM THE NATION said...

Danni: I'm with you on that. If Jacob Lusk gets eliminated. I'm super happy with this set of Top 10. I don't want Naima to leave just because I like the craziness and it'll be BORING for the rest of the season, I think.

Anonymous said...

I'm super happy as well if Jacob Lusk will be eliminated. I dont know. But, I really can not feel the sincerity in his performance. It's like his always acting up and worst most of the time it's way too much. Well, I guess that's just my opinion.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...