Friday, April 29, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 6 Studio Versions

.. suddenly, they're down to 6! To be honest, the live performances were a bit sleepy but to be fair, there were a couple of outstanding performances in there. As for the studio versions, I thought most of them were good-ish.

RANDOM THOUGHTS: My favorite tracks this week are from James Durbin, Haley Reinhart and the duet between Casey and Haley. The production on James' track sounds really good. It would've been better though if he stuck with the arrangement he did on his live performance - you know, the a capella and all. Haley's vocals are quite impressive on the studio version, if a bit auto tuned for my liking. Oh, and I'm still not sure about the arrangement of the song. Casey and Haley's duet is also pretty good. Of course, their harmonies are better here compared to their sloppy live rendition. I have to say though, Scotty's studio recording was awful. I hated the arrangement. Yes, his live performance is WAY better than this. Seriously. The others? Generic. Hate me all you want, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Jacob Lusk: Oh No Not My Baby
Lauren Alaina: Where You Lead
Scotty McCreery: You've Got A Friend
James Durbin: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Casey Abrams: Hi De Ho
Haley Reinhart: Beautiful

Casey and Haley: I Feel The Earth Move
Lauren and Scotty: Up On The Roof
James and Jacob: I'm Into Something Good

3 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

thanks....
glad I found y'all blog!

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO-Deluxe-Edition: Anytime!

RJK55 said...

I agree with you 100%. I thought the live duet with James and Jacob ("I'm Into Something Good") was a train wreck for Jacob. The studio recording is a little better. But, then, Herman's Hermits version was still better (of course, jumping into the Wayback machine). Thanks for the blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...