Friday, April 22, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 7 Results Show

Stefano Langone. I really think Stefano has the makings of a good and credible pop star. Heck, I was really hoping he would be the contemporary RnB guy American Idol needed in the beginning of the season. Sadly, he's possibly one of the most inconsistent performers of Season 10. I mean, after his stunning rendition of I Need You Now and If You Don't Know Me By Now, Stefano's performances went downhill. Sure, he managed to give decent-to-good numbers in the last two weeks, but a trip to the Bottom 2 several times didn't help his campaign to be the successor of Lee DeWyze. It was a good run though.

Recap after the jump!

Now, as for some observations and comments on the results show..
  • I'm in love with the dramatic intros this year. Very nice.
  • 52 million votes! I guess, they’ve stabilized the votes over 50 million.
  • You know what? I actually like the Jacob, Lauren, Haley and Stefano combo. Their voices couldn't be anymore different, but they found a song that fits those four voices. 
  • I can say the same thing for James, Casey and Scotty though. What is it?
  • Well, the choreography is cracking me up at least. Haha. Look how James really commits to these group numbers. 
  • No Huff this season apparently. Sad.
  • DAVID COOK!!!
  • What is happening? David's vocal was uncharacteristically rough tonight. He looks good though.
  • I got the Bottom 3 right! Wow.
  • That was torturous for Haley. Haha.
  • Katy Perry actually sounds pretty good for once. 
  • Frankly, Stefano's sing out is one of the best this season. Just saying.
BOTTOM 3
Jacob Lusk safe
Stefano Langone
Haley Reinhart safe

SAFE
Casey Abrams
Lauren Alaina
James Durbin
Scotty McCreery

DAM NATION's POLL RESULT

  
Oh, and I have a little treat for everyone!
Again, thanks Jenn for this!! :)

DOWNLOAD RESULTS SHOW PERFORMANCES:

Jacob, Lauren, Haley and Stefano: Hey, Soul Sister
Casey, James and Scotty: Viva La Vida
Stefano: Lately
 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Haley always on the btt 3 ? :|

I mean, she's progressing amazingly :">

MadAboutPia said...

Anonymous - It has nothing to do with the fact that Haley is progressing (although I wouldn't necessarily say "amazingly") or not. American Idol is a popularity contest, more than a singing contest.
For example, take Scotty. To me, he has not improved at all and is basically the same thing week in and week out. While he's not bad (I actually liked him in the beginning, and I am the farthest thing from a country fan that you can get), he's become rather boring (in my opinion). Yet, he's never been in the bottom 3... thanks to the millions of little girls (and cougars?) who vote for him every week.

While I'm not a Haley fan (though she has been good the last few weeks), I don't think she should have been the bottom 3 this week. That spot should have been Scotty's.

Anonymous said...

I'm just simply curious... DAM, what do you think about some girl contestants from Canadian Idol? Random I know. I kinda like Melissa O'Neil, Eva Avila, and Carly Rae Jepsen.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous1: I think it's because she doesn't have a big fanbase. I actually think she's like Allison Iraheta. Great deal of talent but America just isn't backing them up for some weird reason. :(

I agree. She's the most improved contestant this season.

DAM THE NATION said...

MadAboutPia: I agree that since Pia got eliminated, American Idol has become more of a popularity contest than a talent competition.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous2: Yeah. That's a bit random. Haha. Sadly, I didn't follow Canadian Idol.

Anonymous said...

the producer scenario is haley will going home next week,mr warwick and nigel want casey vs lauren or scotty in top 2...WTF!!!!

Anonymous said...

I still wish it was Jacob leaving and not Stefano. As for the foursome, I must agree.. I really liked that combination! I would love a recording of that. (:

Anonymous said...

nigel choices:
13.ashthon
12.karen
11.naima
10.thia
9.pia
8.paul
7.stefano
6.haley
5.jacob
4.james
3.scotty
2.lauren
1.casey

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous1: I can totally see Haley going home next week. I want her to crack the Final 5, but people who had great vocal talent got eliminated at 6th. Carly Smithson, Anoop Desai and Siobhan Magnus to name a few.

I wouldn't be surprised if they throw her under the bus (yet again) next week.

Anonymous said...

we still love Stefano

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous2: I was hoping for that too. Sigh.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous3: Casey vs. Lauren is a possibility. But I think the Idols with a stronger fanbase (just because they haven't be in the Bottom 3 EVER) are Lauren, Scotty and James.

For now, I'm sticking with the Scotty-Lauren Finale. But James or Casey could sneak their way into it.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous4: I feel for you! That's what I felt when Pia went home. :(

Anonymous said...

@DAM...yup,but randy and nigel dont like haley..IMO this season is no fair for haley,stefano and pia...underated!
meanwhile lauren,scotty,jacob and casey overated,overpraising and overexpose

shame on you randy jackson!!!!!!!!!

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: I agree. But American Idol was never fair since it started. I remember when Syesha got lambasted every single week. They always play favorites. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

how i wish it would have been jacob not stefano!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could havve seen DAM's face when jacob lusk was announced safe.

DAM THE NATION said...

Jacob Fan: Sorry to burst your bubble, but again, it didn't affect me one bit because I expected Stefano's elimination. So my reaction wasn't worth a million dollars.

Root for whoever you like, I don't really mind. It's your choice. Good luck on listening to a bunch of overwrought songs in Jacob's album. If he'll EVER get signed. That is all. :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Everyone, mp3 of the results show are up! :)

Maya Lintu said...

Not a huge fan of Stefano, but I still want Jacob out more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...