Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 7 - Who's Going Home?

I admit, ranking their performances last night wasn't so hard - as compared to previous weeks - because I knew who stood out from the remaining contestants. But I must say, predicting the Bottom 3 more so the one leaving this week is ridiculously hard.

Let me get right to it though and say that the Bottom 3 will be Jacob Lusk, Stefano Langone, and yes Haley Reinhart. I know. It pains me to write her name here because I thought she did an amazing rendition of Adele's Rolling In The Deep, but she just doesn't have a strong fanbase - Haley was part of the Bottom 3 thrice since the Finals started. That's 3 out of the 6 weeks of competition. And while she got positive reviews from the judges, it was mostly lukewarm praises compared to the superlatives most of the contestants got.

Jacob Lusk's performance was also decent last night, but he'll probably hit the Bottom 3 again for obvious reasons. That said, I think he got a good amount of pity votes from his tears last night. Stefano Langone, on the other hand, worked his charms to full extent and I bet it made all the tweens wet, but just like Haley, he flirted with elimination a couple of times already. 3 out of the 6 weeks. Oh, and he's a wildcard, which means people didn't vote for him to get into the Finals.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Casey Abrams lands in the Bottom 3 again. My theory was that he got voted off a week after he somewhat butchered Nirvana's rocking Smells Like Teen Spirit. And while he did better this time with a Maroon 5, I just think America wants the jazzy Casey and not the rock Casey? But what do I know.

Now, one BIG question this week though: Could Scotty McCreery be in serious danger this week? I mean, he went first, he didn't do so well - or at the very least forgettable, the judges gave him a few negative reviews, the majority of the other contestants had great performances, the other Bottom 3 threats haven't done badly enough to make them an OBVIOUS Bottom 3 candidates AND his primary competitor for country votes got the pimp spot, and happened to be one of the only two remaining girls left. Well, that should be really interesting no?

But as much as I like Jacob Lusk to go home, I feel like Stefano Langone will get the boot this week. Top 7 usually eliminates the person who overstayed their welcome - Sanjaya Malakar, Kristy Lee Cook and Tim Urban - so I think it's his time to go. I'm not saying he's in the same league because he's vocally far better than these three whatever, but as I've said, he's been in the Bottom 3 for a couple of weeks. So, people might see him as someone who overstayed already.

Ok. I said too much. Let's see.

6 comments:

reyjr said...

Our predictions have aligned my friend haha. :p Jacob, Haley and Stefano might very well be the bottom 3 tomorrow. But who knows right? It might be Lauren - a huge upset for Nigel Lythgoe if that happens! :p

DAM THE NATION said...

ReyJr: I doubt it's Lauren. She performed last. Bottom 3 is a possibility though.

Your No.1 Fan; but please, give the jacob lusk bashing a break, just one week? please? said...

YOU FINALLY ADMIT IT, YOU HAVE A DEEP SEATED HATRED OF JACOB LUSK! lol, why do you hate him so much dude, i understand you not being a fan, but i read your blog every week and every week there is some jacob lusk bashing going on, even if he found the cure for cancer i think you would still hate him LOL!

i personally love the way he sings and i cant wait to read your comments when he wins. ill be eating popcorn eagerly anticipating your anti jacob lusk rant lol.

DAM THE NATION said...

Jacob Fan: Wait a minute, I don't HATE the guy. I'm not a fan and I say what I think of him. Again, it's RELATIVE! You may not agree with what I have to say about it, but that's my opinion. If you love the way he sings, I'm fine with it. What can I do? But as for me, PERSONALLY, I don't like the way he sings.

Also, if I HATE the guy so much, I wouldn't even bother to review his performance. I try to be as objective as possible. Did you read my review about his performance last week? I RANKED HIM FIRST! So technically, I stopped the Jacob "bashing" for one week - that's last week. :)

Jacob Lusk isn't just my cup of tea. If it's yours, then enjoy! I'm not taking it away from you. :)

reyjr said...

Jacob Lusk is an unpredictable singer - bordering on unreliable! :p He has an awesome voice and the skills to boot but we've seen his control waver a lot.

DAM THE NATION said...

ReyJr: I can't deny Jacob Lusk's talent. I think he has a good voice, but just like every other artists/musicians, it all depends on what music a particular person likes. I think he's got a good voice, but am I a fan? No.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...