Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Voice: Extended Preview. Plus, "Crazy" Performance.

Another vocal reality competition is set to premiere this week on NBC, and you know what, this looks really good! I mean, just from the judges alone, I'm already sold. They are possibly one of the biggest stars in their genre - Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.

Their four-way version of Gnarles Barkley's Crazy is ridiculously impressive! Who would've thought the four of them with diff styles and genres would have meshed so beautifully? I guess that’s what happens when you get really talented vocalists together.

I admit, early on, I thought the premise was silly and a bit gimmicky, but I now think the hook really works! I like the judge interaction, which brings more fun to the proceedings - and I particularly like the selection of judges. Nice informal atmosphere. I also suspect there will be underdogs to get behind. I’m in. Definitely.

Oh, and former American Idol Season 2 finalist Frenchie Davis and Rockstar Supernova Winner (yes, the winner!) Lukas Rossi are reportedly part of the competition. 

The funny thing is, now that NBC has The Voice, ABC apparently moved Dancing With The Stars at 8PM and will have Pia Toscano on to sing and FOX suddenly made Glee a 90 minute episode show this week. Very Interesting no?

Will you be watching this?
 
THE VOICE Extended Preview + Crazy Performance

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never watched Idol or anything but I really enjoyed this preview! I think I might look up the first episodes of this show!

Smarla said...

Is The Voice going to be shown in the Philippines?

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: This actually looks promising.

DAM THE NATION said...

Smarla: I doubt it. Unless, it gets really big in the US and a network here acquire the rights to air it.

Anneloes said...

I'm so thrilled to see this in the US! Here in Holland we had this as well and the whole atmosphere was so positive, and it was really nice to have the coaches almost battle together instead of the contestants, everyone joking around. I'm pleasantly surprised with the artists they picked to be coaches. They are all very big (in their genre) so I really believe they can coach them well because they know how that scene works. I'll definitely be watching this! (And I hope you'll cover this as well as you cover Glee and American Idol!)

DAM THE NATION said...

Anneloes: I will cover this show. :)

Glecer said...

This show looks promising! Given that this is just a preview, I'm looking forward to watch this show! Dam, hope you upload the episodes of this show or is there any cable channel that will be airing this show in Asia?

DAM THE NATION said...

Glecer: I will upload the episodes, don't worry. I don't think this will be aired in Asia anytime soon though. That's unless this becomes a hit. :)

Fidel Antonio Medel said...

I'm positive that The Voice will be a hit. NBC's marketing team is promoting the show to the best of their abilities. With judges like Christina and Adam, I think that's enough to draw people's attention. I'm soooo excited for this show!

Anonymous said...

just watched it now and man, it rocks! watchout for great talents such as xenia who will sing breakeven! my favorite! Mp3s are available in iTunes already hope you can upload this for us. :))) pleease... Thanks! :D

CHUCKster said...

@Smarla

yeah, i looked it up on wikipedia.com but they aren't showing it yet here in the Philippines.. i hope soon! 'cause i was watching some of the videos on youtube and i'm liking it already!

CHUCKster said...

THE VOICE --only on the home of the greatest shows on tv i.e. CHUCK!! ^o^ ,NBC!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...