Sunday, May 22, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 2 Head-to-Head Match Up!

Yes, I've taken the trouble of going back through all my season 10 performance show reviews and snagging the grades I gave Lauren and Scotty on each of those occasions. Below, a head-to-head comparison, just to see which finalist ''won'' the overall season in my book, and to refresh your own memories so you can do your own seasonal audit.

Head-to-Head Match Up after the jump!

Top 24
Open Theme
Lauren Alaina - Turn On The Radio [8.5]
Scotty McCreery - Letters From Home [8.0]

Top 13
Personal Idol
Lauren Alaina - Any Man Of Mine [7.0]
Scotty McCreery - The River [7.0]
* I ranked Scotty higher during that week

Top 12
Year You Were Born
Lauren Alaina - I'm The Only One [7.0]
Scotty McCreery - Can I Trust You With My Heart [6.0]

Top 11
Motown
Lauren Alaina - You Keep Me Hanging On [8.0]
Scotty McCreery - For Once In My Life [6.5]

Top 11 Redux
Elton John
Lauren Alaina - Candle In The Wind [9.0]
Scotty McCreery - Country Comfort [6.5]

Top 9 
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Lauren Alaina - Natural Woman [7.5]
Scotty McCreery - That's Alright [7.5]
* I ranked Scotty higher during that week

Top 8
Songs From The Movies
Lauren Alaina - The Climb [7.0]
Scotty McCreery - Cross My Heart [7.0]
* I ranked Lauren higher during that week

Top 7
21st Century
Lauren Alaina - Born To Fly [7.0]
Scotty McCreery - Swingin' [6.5]

Top 6
Carole King (Duet)
Lauren Alaina - Up On The Roof [6.5]
Scotty McCreery - Up On The Roof [6.5]

Top 6
Carole King (Solo)
Lauren Alaina - Where You Lead [8.0]
Scotty McCreery - You've Got A Friend [9.0]

Top 5
Now
Lauren Alaina - Flat On The Floor [7.5]
Scotty McCreery - Gone [8.0]

Top 5
Then
Lauren Alaina - Unchained Melody [7.0]
Scotty McCreery - Always On My Mind [8.0]

Top 4
Inspirational Songs
Lauren Alaina - Anyway [8.5]
Scotty McCreery - Where Were You [6.0]

Top 4
Lieber and Stoller
Lauren Alaina - Trouble [7.0]
Scotty McCreery - Young Blood [6.0]

Top 3
Personal Song Choice
Lauren Alaina - Wild One [6.5]
Scotty McCreery - Amazed [7.0]

Top 3
Jimmy Iovine's Song Choice
Lauren Alaina - If I Die Young [7.5]
Scotty McCreery - Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not [6.5]

Top 3
Judges' Song Choice
Lauren Alaina - I Hope You Dance [7.5]
Scotty McCreery - She Believes In Me [7.0]

Wow! That's a whole lot of performances no? And arguably not too many stinkers in the bunch - tons of mediocre performances though. But based on my season-long tally, the count actually took me by surprise. I suspected Lauren would have the edge over most of live telecasts, but I didn't realize that Scotty managed to pull off a couple of performances: Lauren, 10; Scotty, 6; with one tie - obviously because of the duet! 

Of course, this doesn't mean anything come Finale night. But, if it will be based on this scorecard, there's only one correct choice to carry the title of American Idol. Whether or not that proves to be the case remains to be seen.. See you on Tuesday!!

13 comments:

Aki said...

Nice one dam! Immafan :]

DAM THE NATION said...

Aki: Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

If there was Haley, Haley would win all things.

Some Idol Fan said...

Cool! I still believe though that Lauren has no chance of winning the title. Your prophecy will happen (Kristy Lee Cook) - haha!

Anonymous said...

I MISS JAMES !!!

afiqkun said...

I know Scotty will probably win the whole things, but i'm stick with Lauren. The moment will be magical if she wins.

Rodrigo said...

While I still miss Haley I think that Lauren has a great recording voice, maybe she has a promising future... who knows
Scotty, on the other hand, at least to me sounds always the same, I really got surprised when I realized I couldn't distinguish most of his songs (I'm always like, hmm i didn't like him much in Cross my Heart... wait, or whas it Country confort? Or maybe it was the River...)
haha, so because of that i'll be rooting 4 Lauren, which only means that she won't win since everyone that I root for looses #fact
btw, Love your blog ;)

Robbie said...

If I had to choose, I'd pick Lauren. I'm so sick of seeing male idols.

Anonymous said...

Go Scotty!!!!

Paco said...

i want Lauren to win. she has the whole American Idol-vibe going on. I don't know why but she kind of reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, when she first joined American Idol. Although Scotty was awesome, he doesn't have a lot of range I think. I loved him when the season started, but as it went on, he started to bore me.LAUREN FTW! :)

Dubya said...

Scotty is making the same exact face in all those pictures. Doesn't give you much to work with, huh?

DAM THE NATION said...

Dubya: Right!! After editing the first 5, I got really tired of their faces already. LOL. But I really tried my best to show variety in their faces - especially Scotty. It was a ton of work though. HAHA

Will said...

Wow, another Top2 that are both male!

Oh, Lauren's female? K.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...