Sunday, May 15, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 3 Song Spoilers

At this point, I usually posts the them for next week. But we already know that the Final 3 will sing 3 songs - unlike Season 8 and 9. One will be Jimmy Iovine's song choice, one will be Judge's pick and the other one will be Personal choice. So yes, we got that one covered.

Now, the Top 3 visited their respective hometowns today and guess what we have now - Judges' Song Choice!!
  • Scotty McCreery - She Believes In Me by Kenny Rogers
  • Lauren Alaina - I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
  • Haley Reinhart - You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette
Wow. Not bad picks for all three contestants. Sure, both Lauren and Scotty's song choices are a bit safe, but I actually think that it'll work for them. I mean, Lauren can do wonders with that song although I was hoping for a song to push her out of her comfort zone. Plus, it should've been given to Scotty instead to either relive or redeem the “Nuts of Wonder” moment. Haha.

Scotty's, on the other hand, is somewhat easy and predictable, but it has several sustained notes on the chorus, which I think isn't Scotty's forte. I know. I know. Sustained notes? How challenging! Haha. But at least he's being "challenged". Whatever.

As for Haley, I'm pleasantly surprised with the pick. I was expecting for Friday or The Alphabet Song. Haha. But seriously, I think this is a nice contrast to the somewhat boring safe song choices of the other two. It has attitude, drama and feeling built-in. Besides, we already know she's great at sliding or yodeling notes like the catchy "you-you-you oughta know". Haha. Yes, I'm a happy camper here.

Can't. Wait.

9 comments:

gddepadua said...

Bilis ah. Haha. I am excited bout Haley's song. She always brings her personality to her songs. I am not quite sure if she is Alanis-material but heck yeah, I hope she'll do well.

dubya said...

Lovelovelove Haley's choice? Which judges picked which songs?

DAM THE NATION said...

Gerard: That's actually what I like about Haley. She has that distinct color to her voice that's just pure Haley. This thing also makes most of her performances different from the original. I mean, I didn't actually see her as an Adele-material just because of her tone, but it did work. Same with the Lady Gaga song. She usually Reinharts all her songs, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

DAM THE NATION said...

Dubya: I'm not sure if they're doing it separately this year. I mean, I saw a video of Haley reading the text message and it says "Judges" with no particular name mentioned. So I guess, they're doing it as a panel. :)

Maya Lintu said...

Lauren's song is so predictable... I can already hear her singing it.

bono said...

Am happy with the choice for Haley, but I actually think "You Learn" would have been a better alanis song for her. You Oughta Know tends to sound dead during the verses and isn't as vocally interesting/challenging as You Learn. Then again, Reinharting it might just do the trick.

-bono

Amber said...

Hmm, I don't get Haley's choice. The jazz girl doing alternative rock? Lauren can probably do ok, but its very boring. Not really sure about Scotty. But I want him to win. I can't stand either of the girls. JMO, lol

DAM THE NATION said...

Amber: But Haley isn't really a jazz singer. I mean, she sounds great singing jazz, but I don't think that's the route she wants for herself - maybe Casey Abrams. Besides, aside from Moanin' she NEVER really performed anything "jazzy" on the show.

Oh, and I'd rather have someone to be as interesting than that, than a country doing country. I mean, yes, that's what they do best. But, they need to push themselves outside of their comfort zones. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

I though it would be Friday by Rebecca Black.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...