Thursday, May 5, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 5 - Who's Going Home?

It's as clear as the sky - depending on where you are, of course - that James Durbin and Jacob Lusk gave the weakest performance last night. But as this week's Bottom 2? I seriously want that to happen, but I'm doubtful.

James Durbin, to me, is possibly one of the most consistent contestants this season, but somehow I've never really bought into any of his "moments" on the show. Heck, I just realized recently that I've NEVER ranked him first on ANY of my reviews - despite getting some of the best critiques from the judges every single week. I don't know.

Maybe it's because all season long, James has had problems finding and staying on pitch - with a handful of exceptions, of course - and the judges never called him out on it. So, a trip - not necessarily an elimination - to the Bottom 2 would actually be beneficial for him to re-assess his performances. The same way Casey Abrams bounced back with Your Song after he almost got eliminated.

The only thing that's working against him this week is the fact that he performed first and his twinset weren't entirely great performances. So yeah, we'll see how things will pan out for him this week. Besides, Adam Lambert landed on the Bottom 2 this same exact week. Just saying.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren Alaina or even Haley Reinhart be part of the Bottom group. Haley is obviously the Syesha Mercado of Season 10 and Lauren Alaina, though very good, wasn't exactly memorable last night.

As for Jacob Lusk? He just turned in 2 of the worst Idol performances of the entire season. Frankly, he should have gone home weeks ago. It seriously mystifies me who is voting for Jacob. I mean, at least Tim Urban and Andrew Garcia last season had obvious selling points. What does Jacob have? Maybe I’m just not ready to look myself in the mirror no? Haha.

I'd say Jacob Lusk should be eliminated this week. If Haley Reinhart gets voted off instead of him, I'll punch someone in the face! Really. But if for some reason Lauren Alaina goes home, I’m putting that squarely on the judges for their lack of criticism.

Top 5 Performances Review, HERE.
Top 5 Studio Versions, HERE.  

5 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

Jacob, enough is enough, time to go.
ANYONE but Haley plz, I might cut someone.

Will said...

Jacob has long joined the likes of Sanjaya and Urban, those why-the-hell-are-they-still-here type of contestants. Please, America, pack his suitcase for him.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Haley can be compared to Ms Mercado. every single damn week, Haley sang her ass off because she knows she's not a favorite to win. Ms Mercado had many off night.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: I'm comparing Haley to Syesha not on their performances, but on how the show treated them like a punching bag every single week. The fact that they were almost always part of the Bottom 3, they ultimately needed to work their asses off as compared to the other contestants just to stay on the show.

I'll respectfully disagree on you about Syesha having many off nights, but that's on another post.

Anonymous said...

Haha yeah but the two circumstances are different. In season 7, Syesha did not have any performance that topped the night (the talents from that season were insane as hell), hence bad reviews from the judges (her yesterday and ACIGC were memorable tho). This season, Haley has been giving performances that were much better than almost all the contestants in the same night (I give it to James, he's good), YET the bias from the judges kept viewers roll their eyes. The tension from last week (when Randy called her performance pitchy) to this week (everyone is IN IT TO WIN IT except Haley) has clearly shown this.

I mean, if Haley is better than others for THAT performance alone, give it to her man. Give credit when it's due. Haha hope you get what i mean.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...