Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Glee Music 2: Funeral

Here are the songs for next week's episode mysteriously titled, Funeral. I got a couple of emails regarding this and I was told that someone will die in this episode - few speculations of who it will be but nothing is confirmed. Hopefully it's not another animal, just like how they created so much buzz about it last time and it was just apparently Pavarotti, the Dalton Academy bird. Anyway, enjoy!

ETA: These are iTunes (rip) Versions

Back To Black
While I still prefer her other songs like Songbird and Valerie over this, I think Santana's version of this ditty is actually better than the original. It's just so much sexier than Amy Winehouse's rendition. Her voice is silky, yet still raw with emotion. But I'm more than a little biased when it comes to Santana, so whatever. 8/10

My Man
Sheer vocal perfection. Rachel was made to sing this song! She's completely in her element and she sounds divine in it. To me, the best part in this song is when she goes up to belt on the "he'll never know" bit. It's a little short for my liking though. 8/10

Pure Imagination
Wow. This is wonderfully beautiful. Everyone sounds fantastic in this song, especially Kurt and, yes, Tina!! Why is she so underused is beyond my human comprehension. Anyway, the harmonies are incredible and I'm really thrilled it's a group song! Why do I feel like I may cry during this song on the actual episode? Haha. 9/10

Some People
Not a fan. Kurt's vocals are over the place on this one. I don't know. It's a nice throwback to Rose's Turn though. Yes, that's all I have to say. Haha 4/10

Try A Little Tenderness
Mercedes' pipes astound me. She killed this song! I'm hoping for a more modern arrangement of this song a la Michael Buble, but this is just fine. It started off just really slow for me to get into it early on. Good thing, it picked up in the end. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

(all 5 songs)

2 comments:

Glecer said...

Hi Dam,

Hope you can post again the episode 20, Prom Queen. The link is not working. Thanks!

DAM THE NATION said...

Glecer: Is the episode download or the songs?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...