Monday, May 16, 2011

NBC's new series "Smash" to star Katharine McPhee

Yes, another series will be added to this blog!! Katharine McPhee's debut series, Smash, will air on NBC this coming mid-season and the network's hit reality singing competition, The Voice, will be the lead in show of this new series. Very interesting no?

Based on an idea by executive producer Steven Spielberg, Smash, is a musical drama that celebrates the beauty and heartbreak of the Broadway theater as it follows a cross-section of dreamers and schemers who all have one common desire - to be a "Smash". It's more like a show about producing a Broadway show based on the life of Marilyn Monroe.

Among the characters in the drama are Christian Borle (Legally Blonde: The Musical) as a Broadway composer, Debra Messing (Will & Grace) as a lyricist, Anjelica Huston (Prizzi's Honor) as a producer, and Katharine McPhee (American Idol Runner-up) and Megan Hilty (9 to 5: The Musical) as dueling divas.

Obviously, I'm a HUGE Katharine McPhee fan and to see her in a series as big as this makes me all giddy. I heard some rave reviews about Katharine’s role in the pilot and I just hope that this will be the big break she deserves. I mean, this appears to be right where she belongs. She’s a beautiful girl with TV charisma, and I think she could find a lot of success in this medium. Besides, I like the premise of the show and the concept could be intriguing on its own. Plus, there are very respectable names involved. Could she be American Idol's next Jennifer Hudson? Let's see..

Pictures and Video Preview of the show after the jump!!




Katharine McPhee's Interview

A Memorable Audition

A Private Meeting

Awkward Parent Moment

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for this! Kat on my TV again!

Will said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Will said...

Her voice is not Broadway-material, but who cares? She's hot! Might try to see a couple eps of this before deciding to support it.

Smarla said...

woot woot! :D go katherine mcphee!

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: Actually, I think her voice fits Broadway perfectly. I mean, she enunciate words nicely, I love her diction, her tone is good and the range is actually at par with most Broadway stars. If someone like Constantine Maroulis do Rock of Ages and get nominated for a Tony, I don't see why Katharine's voice isn't Broadway-material. Haha. Yes, I'm a fan. :P

Will said...

At par with Broadway stars? Nope, I don't think so. :p

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: Well, I beg to disagree. :) Her voice is just as crystal clear and "rangy" as Lea Michele. As for the tone and quality, that's another story.

Will said...

Rangy as Lea Michele's? Please. I don't like Lea that much, but I'd rather do her mouth than McPhee's.

^troll alert

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: Haha. HATER! :P Fine. Lea Michele is more "rangy" than McPhee, but then again, it's not all about range mind you. :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...