Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Smash: Official Trailer

Goosebumps!! This 5-minute trailer looks unbelievably good. NBC is absolutely on a roll with The Voice and The Sing-Off, and now this! I just hope it is what it appears to be: a show about a musical that just happens to include musical performances. It’ll be extremely disappointing if they go the Glee route, adding music for the sake of adding music, thus making the plot the third most important thing about the show - at best.

Katharine McPhee looks absolutely phenomenal and this could be the role that makes her a bonified star. I seriously enjoyed the clip of her singing Beautiful when I first saw it, but the way it’s included in the trailer gave me goosebumps. Seriously. Plus, that singoff with Megan Hilty’s character, Katharine held her own. Good job!!

Oh, and this post officially makes Smash part of this blog - you know, when I started doing "Smash:" on the title of my posts. Haha.

6 comments:

Will said...

Glee for adults. Aryt, I'm sold.

Looks promising, and it seems to be in pretty good hands knowing that Hairspray and Chicago peeps are behind it. McPhee's range is still not convincing me, though. Good thing she's a good actress, and good thing that a Marilyn musical suits her tone.

Thinking of adding this to your blog, fanboy? :p

DAM THE NATION said...

I already did. Once I put the show's title with a semicolon after it, it means it's officially part of the blog. "Smash:" "American Idol:" "The Voice:" "Glee:" HAHA. I just don't know where to put in the header above. LOL

tmrd said...

Wow. This looks amazing. I hope this show has iTunes releases - just that one line of somewhere over the rainbow gave me shivers. If they do have iTunes releases for the songs, will you upload them?
Also, if it isnt too much to ask, can you please upload the episodes because I have heard no news of this airing in australia.

DAM THE NATION said...

tmrd: If they will have iTunes, of course I will upload them! :) And yes, I will upload the episodes as well. :)

tmrd said...

<3 :)

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited, Megan Hilty is so talented and she's a true comic genius (the only person to outdo Kristen chenoweth in here own role in Wicked) it's obvious that they are going to make the villain, I expect she'll play the part so well. I'm just going to have to figure out how to love and hate her . . .

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...