Monday, June 6, 2011

DAM NATION: American Idol 9: Mixed Tape

Since I'm kind of enjoying the idea of putting up songs as a compilation, here's a mixed tape for American Idol Season 9. I carefully picked the best songs each contestant recorded during their season and I tried my best not to make it a snoozefest. Hope you enjoy this!

Tomorrow, I will post Season 8 Mixed Tape.


1. Treat Her Like A Lady Lee DeWyze
2. People Get Ready Crystal Bowersox
3. Don't Casey James
4. Miss You Michael Lynche
5. You've Got A Way Aaron Kelly
6. Paint It Black Siobhan Magnus
7. Better Days Tim Urban
8. Big Girls Don't Cry Katie Stevens
9. Gimme Shelter Andrew Garcia
10. Play With Fire Didi Benami
11. Beautiful Day Lee DeWyze

4 comments:

Julio said...

Oh thank you!!!... I´d like to know if you chose their best songs according their live performances or studio

DAM THE NATION said...

Julio: This are their best songs according to the studio versions. I mean, Andrew Garcia's Forever was probably his best LIVE performance because it was sort of stripped down, but his studio version had the backtrack of Chris Brown's original tune, which didn't fit Garcia's voice.

Also, I did consider how it'll sound as a group compilation. Michael Lynche has other great ballad recording, but if I put that, this mixtape would've been a snoozefest so I picked his best uptempo song. I picked Big Mike for the uptempo because Casey and Aaron doesn't have a good uptempo recording.

That's all into it. :D I hope you're enjoying it! :D

Lucas said...

Absolutely loved it <3, thx DAM, you're dam best

Julio Cesar Modesto said...

Thanks for your answer...Crystal´s studios recording don´t do her any justice I think Saved is one of her best though

I'm really in love with your blog...I´m from Dominican Republic and my english is not very strong that´s why I don´t post a frequently But I´m always around, take care DAM I´m kinda fan of you too...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...