Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Voice: Battle Round Part 4


Somewhere along the way, The Voice has lost steam for me. I don't know. I loved the first few episodes just because it was different. But now, I just download the Battle Rounds and have watched only the actual singing of each “battle.” Makes it about a 15 minute show! Something's definitely missing.

Maybe it's because the talent isn’t that deep on this show this season? I don't know. I honestly think that they made it worse than they needed to when the judges/mentors pitted some of their best people against each other early on. I mean, in past weeks, they paired two very strong contestants and in my opinion some of them could have been contenders, yet they are gone. And tonight, I would have sent them all packing as they were all so awfully bad, but we're stuck with four of them! Such a shame.

Jeff Jenkins VS Casey Desmond
Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Team Adam

This song AGAIN?! For the record, they were both good, but they weren’t trying to make this song into a duet. Obviously, they were just each singing separately and doing their own thing. Now, while I did enjoy Jeff Jenkins' audition a couple of weeks back, I was all for Casey in this battle round. She was very understated and the tone of her voice was actually more pleasant. Jeff, on the other hand, had this vibrato that didn't sit with me well. 

VERDICT
Jeff Jenkins

Sara Oromchi VS Xenia
I'll Stand By You
Team Blake

Oh no! This duet was a trainwreck. I really liked Xenia in her audition, but she was all over the place with this song. Her vocals were very tentative and absolutely ZERO stage presence. To be fair though, I think Xenia is so much better than this song allowed her to be. Just an awful song choice by Blake, I think. Haha. As for Sara, she was pitchy as hell. Neither of them seemed ready for this, but I'm with Xenie just because of her tone. That is all.

VERDICT
Xenia

Cherie Oakley VS Lily Elise
Since U Been Gone
Team Christina

Yikes! These girls butchered this Kelly Clarkson's song really bad. I don't know. I think I liked Cherie more just because she commanded the song better, where Lilly looked like she was trying too hard. I also liked some of Cherie's vocal choices. But I'm not really surprised that Christina picked Lilly. I mean, Christina obviously wanted to pick girls who caterwaul like her than just simply singing the song. But whatever, both had some major faults, so I guess either pick wouldn’t have mattered.

 VERDICT
Lilly Elise

Emily Valentine VS Curtis Grimes
Need You Now
Team Cee Lo

So, this last battle challenged the other two battles in terms of who can sound the most off key? Haha. I don't know what Cee Lo was thinking. It was pretty clear that Emily's and Curtis' voices and styles would not blend well AT ALL, so this was obviously going to be such a big mess of a duet. Emily was off pitch a couple of times and Curtis was, umm, mediocre - nothing special. Oh, and I found it hard to believe any person would give up baseball because they got engaged. Now, that sounds scripted, as did the kiss at the end!

VERDICT
Curtis Grimes

6 comments:

wyndyday said...

I ruled for Emily and many others who did not got picked at the battle rounds, but those coaches made the wrong choices. I was really a big fan, but those battle rounds just make me less of a fan. Now the voice? whatever...

wyndyday said...

rooted*

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

meh!
I'm not excited anymore, everything is a hot mess, the show lacks talent, big time!

DAM THE NATION said...

wyndyday: Right! Everything just went downhill during the Battle Rounds.

OSO: I agree!! Even Ashthon Jones can sing better than most of them.

Thunderpants said...

I agree with dam about only 15 mins worth watching i get the episodes from bit-torrent and skip the stupid recap bullshit, hopefully the live shows will be better. i mean why show who's singing with who before we've seen which pairs have been picked, seems dumb to me

wYndYdaY said...

Ashthon is sassy, she has the pazzaz(idk if i spelled it corretly), even sometimes she didnt hit the right note or go all the way to somewhere glory, but it's not boring to spend time watching her.
Although, there are a few really good singers (worth the 15mins or less to watch), but the rest's just boring and they are not doing the show any favor in the matter of rating or popularity.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...