Saturday, September 17, 2011

Glee Music 3: The Purple Piano Project

Just like the past two seasons, I'm doing it again with Glee's Season 3, which will premiere September 20, 2011! Are you ready?

I'm quite impressed with the quality of the songs for the pilot episode of Season 3, but somehow, I was expecting much better - or maybe entertaining? - versions of some of the song. That being said, I like how how many people sing in the episode. I didn't expect that. Enjoy!

Anything Goes / Anything You Can Do
Remember Lindsay Pearce of The Glee Project? Well, she's apparently the lead singer of New Direction's  rival Glee club for Season 3. Maybe the Charice of Season 3? If I'm being honest, I'm not a fan of her during The Glee Project, but her rendition of this mash up is quite sensational vocally. Plus, that long note in the end is pretty fantastic. Look out, Rachel Berry! 8/10
DOWNLOAD

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead
Utterly forgettable. I love me some Rachel-Kurt deut, but this isn't their strongest. Yes, the sound good, but the more I listen to it, the more frustrating it becomes. I don't know. 5/10
DOWNLOAD

It's Not Unusual
I LOATHE this song, so I wasn't really expecting to enjoy this - even if it's Blaine singing - but it's actually a good match to his voice. I really like how the texture of his vocals complement the song pretty nicely. Arguably, one of my favorite Blaine solo! 7/10
DOWNLOAD

We Got The Beat
Unexpectedly fantastic trio. Who knew a Santana-Rachel-Brittany trio will actually work? It's fun. It's catchy. It's addictive. A solid track that kick starts everything. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

You Can't Stop The Beat
Wow. I actually enjoyed the arrangement of this song. Rachel's opening verse is flawless and how it transitions to the more upbeat part of the song is interesting. I hate how Kurt's vocals are in a strange key, but other than that, I'm in love with their rendition. It could've been better, but this is one of the best songs of this episode. Just saying. 8/10
DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD
(all 5 songs)

8 comments:

Inigo said...

Hello! I'm back after the summer break and ready to stalk you relentlessly for all the Glee goodies. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Here's hoping Season 3 is a winner.

Will said...

They're doing Hairspray now?? Might watch that scene na lang. Fan here. >.<

Will said...

Just finished listening to You Can't Stop the Best. Didn't like it. The transition to the upbeat part was too abrupt when they immediately began to the chorus and not on another verse. It also lacks the oomph factor of the original versions. Doesn't make me wanna dance.

Pero I'm still seeing this first episode to see if I should still continue watching the entire season. :)

Tiffany said...

I stalked this blog religiously last season, and I am so happy you're continuing the Glee-ness! Thank you thank you thank you!

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: Well, I did say the transition was interesting. Haha. Pero I felt the fun and the oomph of the song. Maybe I'm just not too familiar with the original version. I saw the film version though - the one with Zac Efron. HAHA.

Robbie said...

Please include the names of the original artists as well in the future so people can look up the original versions on YT. =)

Glecer said...

thank you for constantly and ahead of time on releasing the songs! Keep it up DAM! Now, let's hope season 3 will be like the first season or better, it will be better! :)

Justin said...

Could you also upload the songs from The Sing-Off? They have mini albums every episode

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...