Saturday, September 24, 2011

X Factor US: Auditions Part 1

written by Gabriel Sierra
DAM NATION, Contributor

Remember how shocking it was when Simon Cowell left American Idol? Why would he leave such a great show? And for this? I’m not saying it’s better than American Idol, it’s just different. I will always love American Idol, most of my favorite singers are from that show. I just love good singers, and that’s why I’m watching this show too.

The first three or four minutes were all introduction to the judges and snippets of the shocking, sad, happy and impressing moments that will happen throughout the auditions in the next few weeks. The thing that got me most excited up to this point was Paula Abdul’s intro, I do miss her on American Idol sometimes, so it will be nice having her back as a judge on a singing competition.

The judges - Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Nicole Scherziger, Paula Abdul and Cheryl Cole kept on being praised at for another four minutes until the first audition finally began.

So here’s a recap of the (good) people who got featured on the pilot episode:

Rachel Crow, 13
Mercy
If you have seen the previews of the X Factor, especially the eight-minute one, you’ll know her: cute little girl with a big attitude and big voice. Even though I had seen the preview, the show painted it in a way that made me get really nervous for her. I felt like I was watching Hollywood Week from American Idol. But when she started singing the audience went crazy and the moment she stopped singing everybody broke into applause. It felt good for her, especially when she made a surprised face from all the applause. The judges all gave her the ‘yes’ and she made it through, smiling and very happy about it.

Terrell Carter, 36
Ribbon On The Sky
It was really quick and the judges all said ‘yes’. Too fast to really make anything out of it.

Ellona Santiago, 14
When I Look At You
She made a good impression and got all four 'yeses' from the judges.

John Lindahl, 14
Forget You
He had all the girls going crazy. The judges gave him all the 'yeses' he needed and he went on through. This moment was pretty much showing talented people of all ages singing and getting the four yeses, my guess is that they tried to show all the good stuff before getting to the bad stuff.

Siameze Floyd, 30
-
The first weird/funny audition of X Factor US. He reminded me strongly of Prince by the way he dressed, and then he started singing and dancing. His dancing was impressive. As for the singing? Not so much. Haha. L.A. Reid said “No, based on originality”, then Cheryl Cole said “For everything you just did I would have to say yes”. Paula said she’s “willing to see” what he has to offer, so she said yes. Finally Simon said that he was “talented but deluded”, but he said yes anyway. In my opinion he won’t go much longer, we’ll have to wait and see!

Simone Battle, 21
When I Grow Up
She seemed a mix between Destiny’s Child and The Pussycat Dolls. She did have the voice and moves for her song choice. All the judges except L.A. Reid liked it, so Simon asked her to sing again. She sang a cappella and Reid still didn’t like her. She still made it through though.

Stacy Francis, 42
Natural Woman
She sounded amazing. My favorite audition so far, she was the first one that didn’t seem just another commercial pop artist, but a true performer. She got a standing ovation from the judges, alongside great comments and four yeses. Great audition!

This is the moment when Nicole Scherzinger replaced Cheryl Cole on the judges panel. This was a bit frustrating, I loved Cheryl Cole even if it was only for 48 minutes.

Marcus Canty,20
I Wish
His moves and singing got Nicole and Paula dancing around, it actually was pretty good! He’s very talented, and I do think he’ll go far on the competition. He got very emotional because of all the cheering and applause and it was cute. He’s my favorite guy in the competition so far! Oh and he got all four yeses, needless to say.

The Anser, Group
Rolling In The Deep/Till The World Ends
The first boyband that really impressed me. It was REALLY good and the mash-up they did with Adele’s Rolling In The Deep and Britney Spear's Till The World Ends was impressive - I loved it! They’re really talented. I think they’ll go far.

Chris Rene, 28
Young Homie
He’s an addict who just came out of rehab and sings really, really good. He got L.A. Reid making some weird moves that were kind of funny. The song was an original and I loved it. Paula and Nicole also started dancing around and when the song ended, the crowd went nuts. He wowed the judges too, and got four yeses, but he didn’t escape a warning about staying sober. I can’t wait to see what else he’ll do in the future!!! He was the last audition, and one of my favorites.


The episode in general was good in my opinion, let’s hope ratings go up so that it can be maybe as big as American Idol. I can’t wait to see the next episode! Who did you love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just the beginning, maybe when they reach the finals things will become interesting :D

afiqkun said...

Stacy Francis and Chris Rene teared me up. Their auditions were both pure, sincerely coming from the hearts. I disagree with the Anser, they sound okay, but the harmony was just meh. But anyway, it's just an audition

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...