Saturday, October 1, 2011

X Factor US: Auditions Part 4

written by Gabriel Sierra
DAM NATION, Contributor   

Auditions Episode 3 had some pretty amazing talent. I hope tonight’s episode is the same. As always, the first 5 minutes were all recaps and intros and the same stuff we’ve seen since the beginning. I can’t wait for boot camp, I want to know which judge will lead which group!! I suppose Nicole Scherzinger will lead the groups, L.A. the boys, Simon the girls and Paula the people over 30, but that’s just my guess!

Auditions began in New Jersey; here is the recap of the best ones:

Brian Bradley, 14
Stop Looking At My Mom
This was a very interesting audition and a great way to start the show. The kid did seem talented before he sang, I wanted to hear him sing. He suddenly began going after Simon, telling him “I saw that! What’d you do that for?”, Simon and the judges looked at him wondering what was going on, but then he started singing and it was part of the show. He moved around the big stage and got the crowd going crazy after just a few seconds. After the song ended, Simon told him he was “arrogant, obnoxious but one of the most talented kids” he’d ever seen. I liked Brian, it’ll be interesting to see him at boot camp.

Kelly Warner, 22
Hallelujah
The bit that was shown was really good, I loved her voice. She got four yeses and walked out of the stage to hug her parents. I can’t wait to see her in boot camp!

Aaron Surgeon, 27
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
He sounded pretty good, nice vocals. But I have to agree with Simon, he was too average, nothing stood out about him. He still got 3 yeses so he went on, let’s see if he proves me wrong!!

Liliana Rose Andreano, 26
You Are My Sunshine
Simon gave her an “easy” yes and called her one of his favorites of the day. She did sing very nice and softly, I love it when girls sing with that soft tone that is just beautiful, much like Katharine McPhee. I hope she goes far!

Cari Fletcher, 17
Alone
This is a tough song to sing, but she did sing it very well. Simon thought she was boring, while L.A. Reid loved her. She got four yeses, and made it through. Oh, and this girl is beautiful, I think she’s got everything, and I think she will go all the way.

Ausem, Duet
Jar Of Hearts
A boy and a girl, both 15, bring this duo together. They sang quite well, not the best voices but pretty charming and entertaining. They got a yes from Simon and L.A. Reid very quickly, but Nicole took forever to make a choice, finally saying yes. I think they’re going to have to step up if they want to stay in the competition, their performance wasn’t really too strong. I wonder what’ll be of them in boot camp!

Tora Woloshin, 21
I Want You Back
This girl had EVERYONE screaming! She was really, really good! I didn’t expect her to be that good, the judges loved her, everyone loved her! Like Simon said, she DOES have the X factor! I think she’ll go very far, though I’ve said that about tons of people by now. Haha. I DO hope she makes it far!

The Stereo Hogzz, Group
Running (Original song)
They got four yeses, they were pretty good, but I didn’t see the X factor. If they rehearse and bring something unique, they’ll make it! I hope they do!

Brennin Hunt, 26
How We Make It (Original song)
I think Paula could’ve been floating in the clouds with this guy, her eyes were shinning all the time he was singing, besides the good looks, of course. The bad thing: too full of himself. Haha. But I think with his looks, his voice and his confidence he’ll make it really far, especially with the girl viewers. He got the four yeses, and I’m sure with him that he’ll go far. Oh, and his song was really good! Nice writing.

Paige Elizabeth Ogle, 18
You & I
Now let me just say that I absolutely LOVE this song, so at first I was a bit reluctant to accept another version that wasn’t by Lagy Gaga (or Haley Reinhart), BUT, when she sang the high notes, she won me over. Good voice, pretty girl, lots of talent. We’ll see what boot camp holds for this girl!

Leroy Bell, 59
Lean On Me
Let me just say that I thought he was 27. He looks REALLY young, not at all his age, the way he was dressed probably helped a lot! He sang very well, really talented man. He got the four yeses and went out really happy, I hope he goes far!

The Brewer Boys, Group:
Rhythm of Love
Two boys, 13 and 17 years old. They sang pretty well in the 4 seconds they were shown, and they got four yeses. I guess we’ll see more of them later on.

Nick Dean, 14
Walk Away
Just a kid! Haha. He has such a baby face, but he had the whole crowd (mostly girls) going crazy! The judges were impressed, so he got (in Simon’s words) four big fat yeses! Girls will vote so much for him, I can tell.

Jazzlyn Little, 16
I’m Going Down
Amazing! My favorite audition of the episode! She sang GREAT! She was really nervous at first, but as soon as she started singing, it seemed the nerves just melted away and she was in her own place. She got a standing ovation from the judges and the crowd, and her family got really emotional. She got every yes she needed and went through faster than a bullet! I want to see her in boot camp!


As Simon said it, that is officially a wrap for the auditions, it’s now time for boot camp! Thank God, no more bad auditions! Haha. I’ve got to say, I’m now hooked to this show, I’m going to have to watch every single episode! The preview we got from next week was pretty cool, only 32 acts will make it through before they are divided in the four categories: over 30, groups, boys and girls! I can’t wait ‘till next week!!!!

1 comments:

MadAboutPia said...

Jazzlyn Little is my favorite so far, but there are quite a few to watch. Just looked up the 1 youtube video she posted and said it only had about 500 hits... she's got about 100x that now.
I must say, she sounds great in her video as well.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...