Saturday, October 22, 2011

X Factor US: Top 16 Revealed

written by Gabriel Sierra
DAM NATION, Contributor

FINALLY time to know who made it to the live shows! 16 acts, this will be interesting! And I’ll probably get upset about a few of the cuts. Or maybe more than a few, we’ll see.

I hate episodes like this one, where literally half of the people are eliminated. I prefer less cuts, like in American Idol, when it’s the Top 24, then 20, and then 16. This feels like this year when they went from Top 24 to Top 13, too many eliminated people in one episode.

Recap after the jump!

The first girls to be told whether they were through or not were Tora Woloshin, and Simone Battle. Simon said he genuinely likes all of them, but he had to make decisions. Tora Woloshin was the first one to get cut. I was surprised, I would’ve chosen Tora over Simone, but Simon is crazy, so… whatever. Simone made it through! I’m sure she’ll be great though. I feel like this shows try not to be too predictable sometimes, and they end up losing talent. That’s what I think happened with American Idol Season 9, I hope Simon doesn’t make the same mistake here.

The next girl that was called was Drew Ryniewicz. I think she has grown probably more than the rest of the girls, improving with every performance. Simon said the same thing, and even that she was the best of all the girls! She made it! YES! She was so happy, she couldn’t stop smiling and jumping around! Awesome!

After the break, it was time for Nicole to tell Josh Krajcik if he had made it or not. Nicole’s face somehow told me she wasn’t going to say yes. But I was wrong! I guess she’s a good actress! He made it to the live shows! This is a surprise, I really didn’t think he’d make it! I hope he does well.

Dexter Haygood, Christa Collins and James Kenney were up next with Nicole. Nicole’s worried face with every contestant was stressing. I felt she was going to say no to all of them. Christa and James didn’t make it, no real surprise there. Dexter made it! He’ll probably be the most interesting one to watch on the live shows, I wonder what he’ll sing and how he’ll perform. I don’t know if he will last, but he’ll be interesting!

Paula’s time to share her decisions! The Brewer Boys, Illusion Confusion and 2 Squar’d were the first three groups to know their fate. Must be hard to tell people to go home, it showed in Paula’s face. Illusion Confusion didn’t make it, 2 Squar’d didn’t either. The Brewer Boys did make it! And even though I didn’t see it happening, I had a good feeling, it was nice to see them go through.

4 Shore were the next ones to stand in front of Paula to get their verdict. They were sent home by Paula, who was almost crying. Tough and sad.

Finally time to hear about some boys. Brian Bradley was the first one to hear what L.A. had to say. I can see that this kid is talented, but I don’t like him. He made it through.

Nick Voss, Phillip Lomax, Skyelor Anderson and Brennin Hunt were up next. Woah, four at once! I hate that they tell every act something good AND something bad about them, feels like America’s Next Top Model.

Nick Voss got a no first. Then Skyelor Anderson got another no. Brennin was sent home too, which was a bit predictable from his latest tweets. Phillip was the only one to make it out of the four! I’m happy for him!

Simon’s turn again, this time it was Jazzlyn Little’s judging time. She didn’t make it. But it was obvious she wouldn’t, the next girls to make it will be Rachel Crow and Melanie Amaro.

Nicole Scherzinger was ready to tell Leroy Bell and Tiger Budbill who made it through. I wish they both could’ve made it. Tiger was sent home, Nicole cried because he said “he felt his heart fall”. But then she told Leroy he made it, and she couldn’t have been happier about it.

Chris Rene was the next one in the Boys category. This was a predictable yes. L.A. tried to build a bit of suspense, but I think it was the most predictable one of the whole bunch of acts. He made it through! He could be a finalist, I think.

InTENsity and Lakoda Rayne were up next, the two groups built by the judges. Both groups turned out really good in my opinion, I wished they could both make it. AND THEY DID! Yes! It was fantastic!

Caitlin Koch and Tiah Tolliver were up next. I was sure that neither of them would make it. And it went like this: Caitlin was sent home. Total disappointment here, she could’ve been the winner. Tiah made it through, which means there’s only room for Melanie or Rachel. Another disappointment, they both should be there. UGH so frustrating!

Tim Cifers and Marcus Canty were the last boys to be called by L. A. and only one could make it through. Tim Cifers was sent home, which was also very predictable. Marcus Canty made it! Happy times, he’s really nice and talented!

The Stereo Hogzz and The Answer were the last groups left. I really hoped it’d be The Answer! Paula chose The Stereo Hogzz. They went crazy and jumped in the pool! It was actually a nice moment, and they are talented, so I hope they’ll make it far!

Elaine Gibbs vs. Stacy Francis. I think Elaine has the best voice, but Stacy Francis has the attitude, the drama and the fans. So, quite predictably, Stacy Francis made it through. Nicole probably had the toughest job, to tell the oldest people if their dreams were crushed or not. I was really sad to see Elaine Gibbs go, she could’ve been so awesome! I loved that she was so positive after the elimination.

Now finally it was time to know. Rachel or Melanie? I wish both of them could’ve gone through. AH! Simon messed up choosing the girls. My perfect 4 girls would’ve been Caitlin, Rachel, Melanie and Drew. Instead, it was Tiah, Simone, Drew aaaand….. Rachel. UGH. Simon sucks. Melanie was the BEST girl singer! The BEST one! Rachel is good, but she’s just a kid! Bad call Simon.

It was supposed to be over. Simon regretted something. What was it? What would happen? I can predict it was about Melanie. But it’s unfair with the rest of the contestants in my opinion. BUT it’s still awesome haha, at least 3 girls of my 4 picks made it. Yes, he went to Melanie’s house to tell her and her family that she was back in the competition. Awesome!

So next week the live shows begin, and the finalists are:

L.A. Reid
Marcus Canty
Brian “Astro” Bradley
Phillip Lomax
Chris Rene

Paula Abdul
Lakoda Rayne
The Brewer Boys
Intensity
The Stereo Hogzz

Nicole Scherzinger
Josh Krajcik
Leroy Bell
Dexter Haygood
Stacy Francis

Simon Cowell
Simone Battle
Rachel Crow
Tiah Tolliver
Drew Ryniewicz
Melanie Amaro

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally feel all 4 judges made at least one mistake, with Simon being the biggest screw-up.
LA Reid picking Astro, Paula picking The Brewer Boys, and Nichole picking Dexter, were all wrong, in my opinion.
Simon picking Simone and Tiah over girls like Jazzlyn, Caitlin, and Tora were the 2 biggest mistakes of the show.
Unless they improve GREATLY, I see most of these people being gone quickly from the competition, once America gets the chance to vote.

JC said...

Can we get some better reviews for the X-Factor? I miss the critical reviews we have with American Idol & Glee. This is all just a brief recap. offering nothing more than the result and whether the writer thinks they're 'Awesome' or not.

There was so many questionable decisions on this show, I feel that should've been given more attention in this review. And that's what I was looking forward to when I came onto this blog, because that's what I usually get. But not this time :(

Anonymous said...

just ask DAM to write it!
he gets very busy nowadays, i miss the old DAM :(

Anonymous said...

Paula screws up again... 4Shore were undoubtedly the best group around. She picked the Brewer boys over 4Shore? I feel this was as big as a goof up as when Idol got rid of Daughtry and screwed Lambert!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...