Thursday, September 27, 2012

Music Premiere: Die Young - Ke$ha

Listen to her lead single, Die Young, which will be part of her sophomore album Warrior due for release on November 30, 2012.

While I'm not a big fan of Ke$ha, I find most of her songs entertainingly trashy and ridiculously catchy. Yes, there's nothing wrong with a mindless pop song, but Die Young is a little underwhelming. I think the song lacks a certain spark compared to her previous materials despite her distinctive sing/talk signature. It's still catchy, but I feel like Ke$ha can do better than this. To quote a friend, "the song doesn't have that Drunk-Pop + Dumpster Diva feel I enjoy." That said, radio will eat this up instantly. Oh, is it just me or is the opening riff sounds a lot like Flo Rida's Good Feeling? Haha.

Listen to the song after the jump!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...