Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Voice 3: Blind Auditions Part 3

Wow. Filler episode anyone? I'm now more convinced that NBC just added a third episode of The Voice this week just to make a piss on X Factor US' premiere. I mean, there's nothing special in here to merit a third episode in one week. Everyone were pretty mediocre, if you ask me.

Anyway, let's start..

Samuel Mouton 
Redemption Song
Not a fan of his vocal stylings though I admit that he has a nice interesting tone and a certain subtlety in his delivery of the song. I'm just not sure if he's versatile enough for a singing competition like this. 6/10

Nelly's Echo
Ain't No Sunshine
He made some interesting phrasing choice and has a strong voice, but I don't see anything special in him other than his odd name. Is that really his name? Well, I'm Dam Nation. Haha. 6.5/10

2Steel Girls
Before He Cheats
This is quite refreshing - a mother and daughter combo. I think they both have strong instruments with enough grit to pull off this Carrie Underwood tune. It went a little shouty towards the end, but still pretty good. 7/10

Lisa Scinta
Teenage Dream
Crystal clear tone. That's about it. N/A

Marissa Ann
Part Of Me
Eh. I didn't hear enough to make a judgement. N/A

Loren Allred
When Love Takes Over
Great range. Again, that's about it. N/A

Domo
Don't Cha
FEISTY. Not the best vocalist ever, but she's entertaining. Plus, she's oddly charming and I feel like she's going to be a character this season. Haha. I just wish she's not as a hot mess as Erin Martin from last season. 6.5/10

Nicole Henson
Hallelujah
Hmm. Nicole has that big 'ole voice with great control, but I heard better. Oh, and this song again? Really? 7/10

2 comments:

danni said...

I absolutely loved Samuel. Just saying. Nicole was great too.

Anonymous said...

You should check out Lisa Scinta on youtube to get a better impression, she's got hordes of awesome cover videos (in my opinion) and she could be one to watch!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...