Thursday, September 20, 2012

X Factor US 2: Live Auditions Part 3

Best episode of this season yet. I know. I know. We've only been through three episodes, but still. Haha. I love that they focused more on talent this time and again, I enjoyed the judges. Demi Lovato seemed more comfortable and Britney Spears looked gorgeous in that white dress. LA Reid was feelin the music and Simon Cowell was actually funny for the most part. Haha.

Anyway, let's get to it!

Rizzloe Jones
Freestyle Rapping
I have to be honest, I don't really know how to critique rap in general, but I felt like his words had no substance. I think he's got to potential, but I'm not sure if he's versatile enough for this type of competition as the whole "act" could get tiring.  5.5/10

CeCe Frey
Unchained Melody / Ain't No Other Man
Yes, her Unchained Melody was horrible, but her rendition of Ain't No Other Man proves that she has charisma and stage presence. She's probably not going to win (America will hate her for the attitude) and she obviously doesn't have the best voice, but they can mold her into a marketable pop star in the likes of Katy Perry, Rihanna or even Ke$ha. Proof that you don't have to have a great voice to get a hit these days. 6.5/10

Vivo Alan
Trouble
This guy is like Josh Krajcik - last season's runner-up - but on steroids. Haha. He has a nice soulful voice full of grit if a bit dull. On a shallow note, he looks kind of scary. Yes, I'm a horrible person. 5.5/10

Tate Stevens
Anything Goes
Daddy McCreery? Haha. Tate has a good solid country voice, on pitch, and sounds very authentic. If he plays guitar, the season is over. Haha. Oh, and he's incredibly likable. Very nice. 7.5/10

Citizen
Don't Let Go
How gay can this group get? Haha. I honestly don't know what to think about this group. I agree that this is so ten years ago - Simon looked bored - but I can't deny the fact that they can sing if a tad rough towards the end. Oh, and Little Mix did it better. 6/10

Diamond White
It's A Man's World
Not going to lie, it's hard to appreciate this after Juliet Sims' and Joshua Ledet's OUTSTANDING versions. She has a powerful voice, but I think her voice can be refined more, which is odd because she sounds too trained for her age. 7/10

Ally Brooke
On My Knees
Eh. She sounds ridiculously generic. I think I rolled my eyes at the exact same moment as Simon when she continued singing even after the music ended.. What is she trying to prove? Sorry. That annoyed me. 5/10

Brandan Hassan
Trouble
His tone reminds me of Alex Lambert (American Idol Season 9), especially with that song. How I wish I heard more of it. Shame on you, producers. 6.5/10

Normani Hamilton
Chain of Fools
Oh, Holy Pitch! Haha. 4/10

Sister C
Hell On Heels
Wait, they're SO good. Why are they not giving them stories? They need to be showing these auditions in full and making a montage of the bad ones instead. Fantastic harmonies!! 8/10

Jeremiah and Josh
Now I Start (Original Song)
Decent. That is all. 6/10

Panda Ross
Bring It On Home
Don't want to sound mean, but I genuinely thought she was going to be one of those hilariously bad auditions. Well, Panda has that good big old voice that's paired with an endearing personality. I also like that she doesn't have those unnecessary melismas. 7.5/10

Jessica Espinoza
Nobody Knows
Jessica reminds me of Allison Iraheta (American Idol Season 8) and Jazzlyn Little (X Factor US Season 1). She has a voice that's full of character and rawness that's quite interesting. I also like that there's a hint of rock edge to her tone. Possibly one of my favorite auditions so far. Plus, I LOVE THIS SONG. 8.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...