Saturday, September 22, 2012

X Factor US 2: Live Auditions Part 4

Again, three worthy auditions in one episode. Really? I guess, with X Factor Us, it's all about the drama no? That's not to say I didn't enjoy the episode, because there were a couple of interesting things that got me relatively hooked. Two words: Britney Spears! Haha.

Anyhow, shall we proceed?

Willie Jones
Your Man
Well, that was TOTALLY unexpected. He looks like an urban artist with the way he presents himself, but a country singer? Really? He's not quite as good and charismatic as Scotty McCreery - who oddly made this song popular when he auditioned on American Idol last year - but he stands out just because he's sort of unique. I admit though, he does have a great tone to his voice. 7/10

Julie Bullock
Pumped Up Kicks
Certainly not the best technical singer out there, but I love her spunk and style. Oh, and I think she's very marketable. 8/10

Jeffrey Adam Gutt
Hallelujah
Arrgh. I'm so sick of this song that I instantly hate anyone who sings it. That said, I think he has a good solid voice. It went a little shouty towards the end, but maybe that's part of the whole act no? Oh, and Simon, I thought the best rendition of this song came from Lee Dewyze? Haha. 8/10

2 comments:

X said...

First, I'm going to get this out of the way... Britney Spears ANNOYS the HELL out of me. The only good thing about her is she's not afraid to give an honest opinion. But, seriously, shut your mouth once in a while (and I don't mean that as in "shut up", I mean literally close your mouth). Honestly, she kinda reminds me of a muppet for some reason (the whole mouth thing and the head and hair movement I guess).

Now that that's out of the way. Jeffrey and Willie were interesting, but not great. Willie surprised me mainly because he doesn't look the way he sounds (frankly, he looks like he forgot it was no longer the 90s). Plus he picked the wrong song. After Scotty McCreery sang that song to death (pitch perfect, but still to death), no one should sing that song on one of these competition shows unless they can match Scotty.

Jeffrey was not bad, and more in style with the type of music I like. However, not my favorite song in the world.

Julie... I really liked. I've heard Pumped Up Kicks several times (mostly on The Voice) and never really cared for it. I'm not sure what it was about Julie singing it, but I actually suddenly like the song. I think she's one to watch.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed Britney so much!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...