Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Voice 3: Battle Rounds Part 6

 .. and we're finally done with the Battle Rounds! Oh wait, we still have 20 more head-to-head battles in the next round? Oh joy.

Arrgh. They are still not done with the gimmicks no? Next week will be the KNOCKOUT, but here's my question: Why are they always battling each other head-to-head instead of as a team? Wouldn't it be better to have all 10 perform and then just pick the best 5? And do they keep on going against each other of their own team? Isn't it more interesting to compete with the other teams instead?

Also, I noticed that while I like the addition of the STEAL, tonight proved why it's still flawed. There needs to be some way that the show can make steals after ALL the battles are over. I don't know how they would do that, but it doesn't seem fair to contestants who perform in the last few battles when there are no steals left and a coach wants to or would have stolen them. Not good.

As for you Ms. Christina Aguilera, building a team filled with a similar style of artist is only going to lead to your team's downfall. That is all.

Enough of the ranting, here's the recap!

Adriana Louise VS Jordan Pruitt
Hot n Cold
TEAM CHRISTINA
While I did think that the song suited Jordan's voice more than Adriana, I oddly prefer the latter. Jordan seemed to be more controlled and polished - mostly because she once worked for Disney - but I felt Adriana's presence more on this battle. Actually, I like both of them and it sucked that Christina pitted them against each other and Jordan had no luck of getting saved because the other judges other than her mentor used their 2 steals already.
VERDICT
Adriana Louise
-----
Kelly Crapa VS Michaela Page
I Hate Myself For Loving You
TEAM BLAKE
Mismatch! I hate how Blake paired up a sweet country girl with a rocker chick and then asked them to sing a Joan Jett song. You know just from the song choice that Michaela will win this right? Sure, Michaela had that edge and grit to her voice, but give them a country song and that "edge" would be useless and Kelly would probably win the battle. To me, Kelly should've been stolen.
VERDICT
Michaela Page
-----
Avery VS Chevonne
Titanium
TEAM CEE LO
What have I done to both of you? Why are you shouting at me? I don't get it. This, to me, was a horrible version of the song. Go listen to Beatrice Miller (X Factor Season 2 Finalists) version instead. There's just WAY too much oversinging in this battle that even I hated Avery for it. I find Avery very marketable and could very well fit in today's music industry, but the vibrato down to the shouting was annoying. And then there's Chevonne who's pitch was just all over the place. But yes, Christina used her steal on Chevonne and got another big vocal female. Shocker.
VERDICT
Avery
STEAL
Chevonne (Team Christina)

2 comments:

SNAPPS said...

We have wrapped up the battle rounds and now off to the knockout rounds. I enjoy The Voice the only thing I don’t get either is why do the contestants battle each other on the same team instead of the other teams. I think that would make the show better and I know I would enjoy it that much more. There are lots of shows on primetime and it’s impossible to record them all, which means I have to pick and choose them. I work in the evening, which means I have to record all my primetime shows. It’s always been a pain dealing with timer conflicts and giving priority to one show over the other. I know my family’s never happy with me having all the DVRs tied up recording shows. My headache’s a thing of the past, after my coworker at DISH told me about the Hopper DVR. I can get my four major networks recorded every night with PrimeTime Anytime. No more worries about timers and it’s all done on one turner so everyone can continue to watch TV. It’s been one of the best features I’ve used and I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love it.

X said...

So glad the battle rounds are over. This is the point every season I really start losing interest in the show.

Adriana vs Jordon- Katy Perry songs should never be used to try and showcase singing ability. That being said, I think Christina made the right choice picking Adriana.

Kelly vs Michaela- while I liked both of them, I actually liked Kelly more. I think Blake got this one wrong.

Avery vs Chevonne- I don't understand why Chevonne is even there... she's not very good. Avery won this one hands down. And, unfortunately, Chevonne got stolen because it was the end of the show and Christina still had her steal left (although this battle may have been last just because of the way it was editted).

I'm not really understanding the whole Knockout round thing. I'd say just go right to the live shows and get it over with, but there are still WAAAAY to many contestants (there's been WAAAY to many the whole time).

Oh, to comment on something else you keep saying. I personally think X Factor has better singers than the Voice... at least this time around.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...