Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Voice 3: Battle Rounds Part 2

Uneventful episode, although I seriously enjoyed one gorgeous duet in particular. That's it. Haha. Oh, and I find it funny how the show implements the save to add some excitement and suspense to the battle rounds, but then use the pre-commercial previews to blatantly reveal whether or not a contestant gets stolen. Smart! Haha.

Here we go.

Cody Belew VS DOMO
Telephone
TEAM CEE LO
For some reason, I actually prefer DOMO over Cody. Sure, she's a handful, but she actually has better control of her voice compared to Cody. I think he struggled with his pitch most of the time, although I have to admit that he has a more interesting tone than the fiesty lady he's up against. Plus, DOMO was seriously entertaining to watch.  Maybe Cee Lo remembered the criticism he got for choosing Erin last season that's why he went with the Cody instead.
VERDICT
Cody Belew

Aquile VS Nathalie Hernandez
You Give Me
TEAM CHRISTINA
I love Aquile's blind audition, but I also adore Nathalie's great tone. This battle seemed a little one-sided in favor of Aquile and while he has an amazing voice, Nathalie has the potential to be really great. Her vocals weren't pitch perfect, but her transitions and ad libs were surprisingly good. But yes, Aquile deserves to advance here although I was hoping they would've save Nathalie. Sad.
VERDICT
Aquile

Celica Westbrooke VS Lisa Scintha
My Life Would Suck Without You
TEAM CHRISTINA
Can you say cannon fodder? Haha. To me, they sounded screechy. Sorry
VERDICT
Celica Westbrooke

Charlie Rey VS Rudy Parris
Bad Day
TEAM BLAKE
Eh. Didn't care that much. Again, cannon fodder. I'd happily forgotten those people existed.
VERDICT
Rudy Parris

Melanie Martinez VS Caitlin Michelle
Light
TEAM ADAM
GORGEOUS. I love the haunting arrangement of the song and the uniqueness both singers gave to it was phenomenal. I still love Melanie's quirky vibe and phrasing, but Caitlin impressed me. Her pitch was better this time compared to her blind audition and that tone was lovely. Plus, I think she has more range and not everything would sound the same. I guess, quirk trumps vocals around here.
VERDICT
Melanie Martinez
STEAL
Caitlin Michelle (Team Cee Lo)

2 comments:

X said...

Once again LOVED Melanie. However, on that particular song, I think Caitlin sounded better. Glad they both got through.

Other than that, was really hoping Nathalie would've gone through over Aquile. Aquile has a good voice, but I personally liked Nathalie a bit better.

I also would have picked DOMO over Cody, but I would have been happier if neither of them went through.

Although the people they skipped were probably forgettable and none of them get past the "Knockout round" (whatever that is), I don't think it's really fair to those 4 contestants to be skipped like that.

MissInggrid said...

do you have the studio version?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...