Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Voice 3: Battle Rounds Part 3

Yawn. I really don't like this part of the series. Can't we just go straight to the live shows? Too much gimmick.  One thing I SERIOUSLY don't like about the Battle Rounds is that they make the singers to get obnoxious with the oversinging. STOP!

Anyway, let's get on with the show.

Julio Cesar Castillo VS Teresa Griffin
Conga
TEAM BLAKE
Hmm. Teresa sounded flat for the most part and I hate her oversinging. Julio, on the other hand, hits most of his notes, so he's marginally better or, to be more accurate, less worse. I didn't see the steal coming though.
VERDICT
Julio Cesar Castillo
STEAL
Teresa Griffin (Team Cee Lo)

Dez Duron VS Paulina
Just The Way You Are
TEAM CHRISTINA
There's something about Dez' tone that's a bit annoying, but he's goddamn beautiful no? Paulina had problems staying on key when she tried sounding different. If she didn't resort to the forced qualities to her voice, she would actually sound a lot better.
VERDICT
Dez Duron

Benji VS Sam Jones
You Give Love A Bad Name
TEAM ADAM
To be honest, I couldn't care less which of these guys make it and it was actually a good even battle until Benji decided to scream at us. Sam sounded solid if a bit forgettable, while Benjo has a good voice but overdid the scream.
VERDICT
Sam James

Nicholas David VS Todd Tessler
She's Gone
TEAM CEE LO
This was pretty even for me and it went better than I thought it would. Both sounded really good that they should consider to be a duo or make a band. Haha. But, I'd go with Jesus on this one.
VERDICT
Nicholas David

Leila Broussard VS Suzanna Choffel
Dog Days Are Over
TEAM BLAKE
Suzanna is like Juliet Simms 2.0, but less in control of her pitch. Leila sounded generic, but pretty good. Somehow, I actually prefer Leila over Suzzana.
VERDICT
Suzzana Choffel

Joselyn Rivera VS Sylvia Yacoub
Best Thing I Never Had
TEAM CHRISTINA
Neither of these are bad singers, but I'm not too interested in either of them. Joselyn had a relatively stronger vocals with on pitch runs. Sylvia, on the other hand, was decent, but I just didn't care for it. I don't know. I find her annoying. Haha.
VERDICT
Sylvia Yacoub
STEAL
Joselyn Rivera (Team Adam)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The battle rounds have become my favorite part of the show and I can’t get enough. The Voice’s better this season than last and I can’t wait to watch each new episode. I get all my shows recorded without having any problems since I made the upgrade to the Hopper DVR. This was an excellent suggestion from my coworker at DISH, which lets me get all my PrimeTime Anytime shows recorded. I don’t have a mess of recordings on different DVRs and the headache of timer conflicts. The four major networks all have awesome shows I love which I could never watch before. The Hopper has made a huge difference and enhanced my TV experience.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...