Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Voice 3: Blind Auditions Part 8

.. and I thought we're done with the Blind Auditions! Haha. I'm exhausted after 8 episodes of this. To me, 16 people each judge is a little much to deal with. Heck, I don't even remember most of them and that's me who blogs about everything. Haha.

Oh, one more thing. All of these "different" artists in The Voice are starting to sound the same. It was interesting when we heard Dia Frampton, Xenia and even Lindsey Pavao in the past two seasons. But now, the "quirky" voices are dime a dozen and I'm beginning to miss the divas and the rockers. 

Anyway, let's go on with the blind auditions, shall we?

Nathalie Hernandez
White Horse
I like this Taylor Swift song and I find Nathalie's version quite lovely. Yes, there were a couple of shaky vocal moments in there, but I like that her voice sounds a lot more mature and slightly jazzy, which is a nice contrast from the original. 7/10

Caitlin Michelle
Cosmic Love
She definitely had some pitch issues throughout the song, but I like the power of her voice and that smoky tone. She actually has a Florence + The Machine type of sound. Not my favorite, but good enough. 7/10

Nicole Johnson
Mr. Know It All
Why do I find it annoying when singers do that fake country twang? Haha. She's a bit of a mixed bag for me. Part impressive, part annoying. I like her crystal clear voice, but yes, that twang. I can't. 6.5/10

Chevonne
Brass In Pocket
Last week, we had an Adele backup singer and now here's a Lady Gaga backup singer. Haha. Her upper register strained a bit towards the end, but she's an overall decent singer. That is all. 6.5/10

Kayla Nevarez
American Boy
As soon as I heard that first note, I knew she was going through. That rarely happens for me. I think she a great solid voice. Interesting tone. Clear enunciation. Good control. Possibly the best in this episode. 8/10

Celica Westbrook
A Thousand Years
Solid, but not amazing. Her voice just didn't do much for me. Oh, and she did not look 16 at all. 7/10

Rudy Parris
Every Breath  You Take
Eh. He's fine. Good voice, but I'll probably forget about him very SOON. Like, later. 6.5/10

Cody Belew
Hard To Handle
I like his version of this song. I think he's feisty, I like his tone and there's a hitch in voice that's quite amusing. Plus, I find Cody's swagger really entertaining. 7.5/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody was a good singer, but frankly, none of the singers really impressed me as much as previous auditions. The best talent has been selected though and I’m glad that part of the show is over because it isn’t my favorite part of watching. Actually, I like watching commercial free now with Auto Hop with my Prime Time Anytime recordings because I save enough time to watch another show before I go to be. My Dish coworker and I like to talk the following day about the shows we watch and now I have more to talk about.

X said...

So glad the auditions are over! Technically, they had the "best of" last night... which I haven't watched. Is this just the producers way of shoving their favorites down our throats? I would think it would have made more sense to extend the auditions for one more show and not skip as many of the "good" ones. But they didn't ask me, so whatever.

To me, this episode was yet another one where my opinion was just meh. Most of the ones that got through, I would not have turned my chair if I were a judge. So much so, I'm not even going to bother with individual comments, well maybe a few.

Caitlin Michelle - not sure I liked this at all. She had a good quality to her voice, but I'm not sure a Florence & the Machine song was the right choice. I love Florence & the Machine, but their songs don't really translate well to this type of show (in my opinion).

Chevonne & Selica - was really NOT impressed at all with these 2. Chevonne started out decent enough, but then it got weird.

Cody - not sure why Cee Lo turned. It's almost as if he figured he had so many people on his team that it didn't matter who his last one was, so he turned just to get it over with.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...