Friday, November 2, 2012

X Factor US 2: Top 16 Results Show

.. and just like that, X Factor's Top 16 is now down to Top 12, where each judge eliminated one act from their group. So, who got the shaft? I'm not going to spoil anyone - not unless you click the READ MORE button below. Haha - but I must say that for the most part, the mentors got it right.

One thing though, Khloe Karadashan was ridiculously hilarious - but not in a good way. Haha. She can't even fake being compassionate towards the people who left and she was hosting like she's trying to perform a dramatic monologue. She's SO bad that it's actually entertaining. Haha. 

RESULTS after the jump!!

SAFE
Jennel Garcia
Paige Thomas
Vino Alan
Tate Stevens
Beatrice Miller
Carly Rose Sonenclar
Emblem3
Lyric145

SING OFF

YOUNG ADULTS
Demi Lovato

Cece Frey
On My Own
I honestly didn't think Demi will put her in here, but based from my review last night, I actually prefer Paige and Jennel over her performance. Now, while she didn't exactly nail the song - reminded me how the underrated Thia Megia slayed this one on American Idol - but I thought she brought enough emotion to it and the ending was actually good. Oh, and Simon, she didn't do that last night because the format of your show doesn't give her the freedom to make that decision. Shut up!

Willie Jones
You Don't Know Me
Again, he kept his boring style and those low bass notes aren't in his natural range. Somehow, I felt like he had to strain his voice to reach them, and they were pretty weak in volume and tone.Yes, he's definitely unique, but there's nothing else other than, what I supposed, a gimmick.

ELIMINATED: Willie Jones. Not shocked. Demi has no idea what to do with him and it's unfortunate for Willie. But then again, he also needs to sort himself out.

OVER 25s
LA Reid

David Correy
Since You've Been Gone
This, to me, was shocking! Maybe LA Reid NEVER really liked David because he seriously had one of the better vocal performances last night. Granted that X Factor is more about star power than actual singing talent, David is the only act in LA's team that actually has the potential to win the whole thing. As for David's take on Kelly Clarkson's song, I got a little confused. He sounded amazing, but the arrangement and his interpretation didn't make sense. It supposed to be almost celebratory NOT mournful.

Jason Brock
One Moment In Time
He hit a couple of rough notes in there, but other than that, he performed this decently. I thought he started strong, but then faded big time down the stretch. While I do think Jason has a lovely voice, he will NOT win X Factor. And that's all I'm going to say.

ELIMINATED: David Correy. Stupid decision. The judges will regret the day they saved Tate Stevens and left him the hands of the audience. David, to me, was the most relevant and marketable in LA Reid's team. Such a shame.

TEENS
Britney Spears

Arin Ray
I Look To You
I love Whitney Houston and all, but seriously? To me, this was a LOT better than his performance last night. He hit a couple of bad notes towards the end, but pretty decent nonetheless. I still think he's very marketable and has a lot of potential to be a commercial artist. Britney just needs to figure out what to do with Arin.

Diamond White
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
WOW. I was NEVER a fan of Diamond, but this was absolutely fantastic. The way she phrased her words towards the end was impeccable and her pitch was spot on compared to Arin. Not over emotional and she didn't sound amateurish. No doubt, the best sing off performance tonight.

ELIMINATED: Diamond White. Yikes! I know that Britney's Team is easily the most stacked category, but I'd rather see Arin go than Diamond. I mean, that girl changed my impression of her. Too bad. Oh, and for a 13 year old kid, she handled her elimination shockingly well.

GROUPS
 Simon Cowell

Sister C
When I Look At You 
This trio is a nice eye candy, but despite their distinct sound and impressive 3 part harmonies, I just don't see them lasting that long in this competition. Plus, they sounded almost nasal in their take on Miley Cyrus' song. I don't know. 

1432 (Tentative name, apparently)
Skyscraper
Why do I feel like Simon put this group in the Sing Off so he can show them off more and give them more mileage. Haha. While they're still just 5 girls taking turns singing with just a little effort on their harmonies, I thought they sounded exceptionally good. Camilla was incredible.

ELIMINATED: Sister C. I expected this. They're ultimately a fodder on Simon Cowell's group and made sure to put them through so he'd be able to eliminate one of them with no problem whatsoever. Nicely done, Simon. Haha.

3 comments:

X said...

I don't think Cece or Lylas/1432/Girl Group belonged in the bottom. Luckily, they proved why they were in the competition in the first place (and they didn't even need all the stupid dancing and crap).

I agree with both Britney and LA on their bottom 2, however, I think they both got it wrong with who they sent home.

I would also like to say... I really dislike LA Reid. He's a prick (and that's being nice). Some of the things he said to Simon's groups was said out of spite and was just retaliatory for something Simon said to one of his people (and Simon was completely right). LA Reid needs to be fired.

Oh.. and while we're firing people... Chloe Kardasian is a waste of air. She actually might be worse than whats-his-name from last year (and that's saying something). Mario Lopez seems to be a capable host and would be much better off by himself.

Anonymous said...

Sad that Diamond got eliminated. I loved the performance especially on the part where the music stopped and gave way to her big bold voice.

Unknown said...

You have to download the songs? I can not buy them on iTunes, I'm from another country: (

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...