Thursday, September 12, 2013

Movie Review: This Is The End

Stoner comedy? Sure. Immature humor? At times, yes. Hilarious? More of hysterical! I seriously had mixed expectations with This Is The End, as I've seen most of the Seth Rogen films and found some of it fairly disappointing, but this one was downright ridiculous, silly and extremely funny. I have not laughed this hard in such a long time - maybe since Bridesmaids. I thought the premise was fresh and I loved that the actors played themselves giving the film an interesting layer and dynamics. The writing, although a bit of mess, was pretty solid, the visual effects were surprisingly decent, the cameos were fantastic, and the performances of the leads were spot on. It did trail off slightly towards the end, but I digress. This Is The End may just be the funniest movie I've seen this year. 8.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...