Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Voice 5: Blind Auditions Part 1

.. and yes, in just a matter of three months, The Voice is back and I'm already exhausted with two seasons in a year! Why not take their time to REST and make up something for their winners? They're now on their 5th season and yet, no breakout stars yet. Sure, they have Cassadee Pope, who has created a decent career after the show, but her career isn't any better than say, Katharine McPhee or Kellie Pickler.

Enough of that though, let's get to the most important part of the show, THE COACHES! Haha. Yes, not the contestants, but the SUPERSTAR COACHES! I must say, I was hoping for Shakira and Usher to come back as I'm not particularly fond of Christina Aguilera's attitude, and Cee Lo's wierdness, but it's nice to see the whole group back. Christina wasn't as annoying this time, but I wonder if it was the editing. I have to wait for the actual live shows.

As for the contestants, they were mostly fine. A couple of stand outs, but nothing yet to say that they've found THE VOICE.

Anyway, let’s see how the contestants did in this episode,

Kat Roubichaud
I Got The Music In Me
TEAM CEE LO
There's a quality to her tone that's very interesting and distinct. She has great energy and she was oozing with charisma. Love her. 8

Caroline Pennell
Anything Could Happen
TEAM CEE LO
This was lovely. Yes, she's your typical indie quirky girl that's been very popular on this show. She's a dime a dozen, but I didn't mind. Her phrasing is impeccable. 7.5

Donna Allen
You Are So Beautiful
TEAM ADAM
There's a hitch in her voice that I particularly didn't like and she's a bit old fashioned, but her rich soulful tone was good enough for the next round. I just don't know as to how far she could go. 6

Matthew Schuler
Cough Syrup
TEAM CHRISTINA
LOVE! His voice actually reminds me so much of Burnell Taylor with cleaner but better range. I thought he sounded awesome, he's easily marketable, and I could see him go far in this competition. 8.5

Nic Hawk
Hit Em Up Style
TEAM ADAM
I agree with Adam, Nic has great musical timing, but I'm not sure if I enjoyed his vocal tone. It's a bit whiny and thin for my liking. But that's just me. 5.5

Shelbie Z
Here For The Party
TEAM BLAKE
I can't deny the fact that she could definitely blow, but Shelbie Z, like any other country artist who joined this show, sounded annoyingly generic. Nothing new. 6.5

Josh Logan
Too Close
TEAM CHRISTINA
There's a grit in Josh's voice that I really like. His vocals were mostly on point and he actually looked confident performing on stage. This was quite good. 7.5

James Wolpert
Love Interruption
TEAM ADAM
Holy Cow! Who knew? His song choice was rad, he sounded awesome andthe texture in his voice - including his vocal dynamics - was spectacular. He's good. Very good. 8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so you're saying Morisette Amon's Jar Of Hearts is better than the rest of the people above? :D

Savannah said...

Josh Logan was on one of the Rockstar shows back when they were on. I loved him so I am excited to see him on the Voice!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...