Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Voice 5: Blind Auditions Part 3

Another solid episode. I thought I saw a couple of good singers in this batch that could actually match up the awesomeness of the people before them. I just wonder though if these judges have an idea of who's singing prior to the actual blind audition. I mean, Haley Cuoco's sister was mediocre, but some coaches turned for her. Oh well.

Let's get on with the contestants!

Ray Boudreaux
Use Me
TEAM BLAKE
He has an interesting tone with a couple of interestingly placed grit to his voice. I kind of enjoyed that. Not particularly a stand out, but good enough. 7

Lina Gaudenzi
Landslide
TEAM CHRISTINA
I wasn't sure if it was really her goaty vibrato or her vocals were just shaky, but this was a little underwhelming. I didn't feel like she got to connect with the material that well. I mean, we're talking Fleetwood Mac here! 6

Juhi Pathak
Mercy
TEAM CEE LO
She was actually pretty good. There's a hitch in her voice that was distinct, but not entirely annoying. Plus, there's a slight quirk to her that I like. Not sure how strong she is as a competitor though, but let's see. 8

Justin Blake
Sure Be Cool If You Did
TEAM ADAM
What a way to suck at Blake no? For some reason, I really didn't like this. There's a quality to his voice that's nice, but it sounded forced for the most part and I didn't sense any sort of musicality to him. I don't know.  4

Timyra-Joi
Girl On Fire
TEAM CHRISTINA
While she has a strong mature instrument, there's something about this that was a little disconnected. Maybe it was the vocal runs she did that muddled up the melody of the song. Nonetheless, she's decent. 6.5

Monika Leigh
The Thrill Is Gone
TEAM BLAKE
Outstanding vocal dynamics. Fantastic tone. Impressive falsetto. Amazing. It would've been smart for her to go with Adam than Blake though. 8.5

Briana Cuoco
You And I
TEAM CHRISTINA
Mediocre at best. She has this silky tone, but why do I feel like these coaches were given notes prior to her performance, which has the words "sister of Big Bang Theory girl". Haha. 4.5

George Horga Jr.
Treasure
TEAM CEE LO
Maybe this season's Dez Duron or Josiah Hawley. George is a mighty good looking guy, but his version of Bruno Mar's Treasure was also surprisingly solid. I think he has this charisma that can actually carry him until the middle part of the competition. 7.5

Preston Pohl
Electric Feel
TEAM ADAM
Very nice. His song choice alone makes him incredibly interesting. I thought his voice was fantastic with well placed growls although his falsetto sounded weak. 7.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...