Thursday, November 21, 2013

X Factor US 3: Top 10

It's British Invasion Week and that's all I have to say as an introduction to this show. Ok. I'm kidding. But what else to say about this mess a show. Look, a couple of people did deliver nice to good performances, but for the most part, it's just blah. I don't know. It's frustrating and sad that this show isn't even trying to be good. Haha.

Oh, and Kelly Rowland just proved that she shouldn't be on this mess.

10. Tim Olstad
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Tim was incredibly boring that even when he was still performing, I've already forgotten about him. Haha. Sure, he sounded good for the most part, but I just can't take anymore of this nonsense. Oh, and Kelly called him sexy? Umm, no. Simon was right, he's a singing hamster. 2

09. Restless Road
Fix You
I knew Simon would pimp Restless Road to no end after losing Sweet Suspense last week. Sadly, this performance was just way too bland. Their harmonies were non-existent, especially when the backtrack started to play, and I laughed when the Scotty McCreery wannabe started singing in his low tone. It was funny how jarring that transition was. 3

08. Khaya Cohen
Let It Be
I know Khaya can sing, but I seriously didn't like her version of Let It Be. The arrangement was strange, her pitch during the first half was all over the place, and she did too much with the last half that it was almost exasperating to listen to. Not good. 4

07. Ellona Santiago
Burn
I kind of understood what Demi was going for with this song choice, but I thought the execution was a little lacking. Ellona has so much potential to be a well rounded performer, but she had a few vocal problems during this performance. It was particularly evident with how she infused a big run in the middle of the song that sounded off. 5

06. Carlito Olivero
Satisfaction
Look, Carlito's version of Satisfaction sounded incredibly karaoke, but there's something about him that's quite endearing. His vocals were mostly decent and he has a great stage presence. Not sure what to think about the staging, but it's all okay. Oh, and why did Demi tell hm to sing in Spanish when it's British Invasion week? 5

05. Jeff Gutt
Bohemian Rhapsody
So, he's still whoring out his 5 year old kid for votes? Ugh. Not really sure what to think of this version as he sounded good for the most part - maybe minus the terrible falsetto - and he didn't sound THAT karaoke, but this performance just left me cold. I don't know. 5.5

04. Rion Paige
Your Song
Rion is turning out to be one of the most frustrating contestants for being annoyingly inconsistent. She's been terrible the past few weeks, but her version of Your Song, though had flaws, was pretty lovely. I thought she sounded beautiful during the verses, her pitch were mostly on point, and it was just a restrained vocal performance. The last few bars were a little strange though, but I digress. 7

03. Alex & Sierra
Best Song Ever
What was Simon thinking when he gave this song to Alex & Sierra?! I mean, there's nothing you can do to make this sound meaningful especially with this duo's style. This isn't a song that you can stripped down - you just have to take it for what it is. I thought Alex sounded great, the harmonies weren't as tight as their usual, and the arrangement itself was a little odd. Still, I think they're magic together. 7.5

02. Josh Levi
Sweet Dreams
Very interesting arrangement. I didn't think I'd like it, but Josh sold the arrangement and the whole performance like crazy. I thought his voice sounded solid with a good grasp on his pitch, the dancing was spot on, and he just puts on a great show. He's slowly turning out to be a real contender. 7.5

01. Lillie McCloud
This Woman's Work
So, Lillie won me over again this week. I felt like she did connect with the song impressively, her vocals were strong, it had enough vocal dynamics to be compelling, and she looked really nice for her age. This wasn't a total showstopper, but enough to top my list. 7.5


PREDICTION
Tim Olstad
Khaya Cohen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...